What's new

WWE/pro wrestling thread

I do miss the days of Austin 3:16. Attitude was great and it worked for that industry. This PG crap sucks. It is the same old tired storylines that keep getting regurgitated time after time. Why is HHH the champion? Nobody wants that. There so much new talent out there that they need to go towards them. Are they just having HHH hold the title until Cena gets back? That would be terrible. What happened to Randy Orton? AJ Styles is here now, why not push him?
There is no story that hasn't been told before. . .but I agree. I got legitimately angry during royal rumble when trips won! That just means they're doing they're job and getting me emotionally invested in the story. I would've been much happier seeing Roman win even though having him exit the match for the majority of it defeated the purpose of the one vs all angle they were selling. Everyone thinks roman is being pushed down our throats but i like the guy and they did the same thing with rock and austin back in the in order to get them over. Randy Orton has been injured and he gets injured often. There are an insane amount of injuries at the moment which is why mania seems a little weak. I think they're testing the waters with aj. He doesn't have the look Vince likes and apparently behind the scenes everyone is surprised he is getting over like he is.

There is no story that hasn't been told before. . .but I agree. I got legitimately angry during royal rumble when trips won! That just means they're doing they're job and getting me emotionally invested in the story. I would've been much happier seeing Roman win even though having him exit the match for the majority of it defeated the purpose of the one vs all angle they were selling. Everyone thinks roman is being pushed down our throats but i like the guy and they did the same thing with rock and austin back in the in order to get them over. Randy Orton has been injured and he gets injured often. There are an insane amount of injuries at the moment which is why mania seems a little weak. I think they're testing the waters with aj. He doesn't have the look Vince likes and apparently behind the scenes everyone is surprised he is getting over like he is.

I watched TNA when AJ was on and I really liked his style. Then TNA started bringing on the people that left WWE and I stopped watching.

Shane takes RAW, and Rollins returns at WM (assuming he's recovered in time. Shane installs Rollins as Champ, and starts the process of bringing the new blood up the ladder, and roughing up that PG rating around the fringes.

Great performers, but all too small for Vince's tastes. Why do you think HHH got on the juice so hard? In order to get the push to the top, he had to get the size that Vince likes in his Champs.

Look at this Brawn Strowman doofus. A guy like Aries can work CIRCLES around his fat ***, but he is never going to get the chance, with Vince at the helm.

Austin Aries had his in ring debut last night at NXT Takeover Dallas. It seems like this has been being said forever but Vince is his way out soon with Triple H likely taking over. He is in full control of NXT which is why we're seeing these smaller guys like Aries get in there. It wi probably take a while but I think the future is bright for wwe

I'm going to a NXT show tonight in Concord NC. Pretty excited about it, I haven't been to a wwe event since 2003, it was a Smackdown with the main event of Lesnar and Angle in an ironman match. Its one of only two ironman matches I've ever liked.

I'm going to a NXT show tonight in Concord NC. Pretty excited about it, I haven't been to a wwe event since 2003, it was a Smackdown with the main event of Lesnar and Angle in an ironman match. Its one of only two ironman matches I've ever liked.
well. . . How was it?

well. . . How was it?

I had a blast, the crowd was hot for the whole show. It wasn't a tv taping but that didn't seem to matter, the wrestlers didn't slack off at all. I'm hoping that we made a good impression and NXT makes NC a regular stop. Balor, Nakamura, Corbin, Ares, Asuka, were probably the biggest names there and I got to see American Alpha, probably my favorite tag team. I was hoping Bailey and Joe would be there but their absence didn't diminish the show at all. I grade it an "A". My uncle and brother went with me and neither of them had ever seen NXT, they became fans.

I had a blast, the crowd was hot for the whole show. It wasn't a tv taping but that didn't seem to matter, the wrestlers didn't slack off at all. I'm hoping that we made a good impression and NXT makes NC a regular stop. Balor, Nakamura, Corbin, Ares, Asuka, were probably the biggest names there and I got to see American Alpha, probably my favorite tag team. I was hoping Bailey and Joe would be there but their absence didn't diminish the show at all. I grade it an "A". My uncle and brother went with me and neither of them had ever seen NXT, they became fans.
NXT would be fun! I've been trying to find local independents but not much in my desolate area

I grew up watching the WWF back in the 80's thanks to my uncle and been a fan since. I don't watch as much now but I do keep up with whats going on. I will watch some of the PPV's on the WWE network and watch the cruiserweight stuff. Traded tapes back in the mid 90's and got hooked on Lucha and stuff from Japan. I am just a fan of all things pro wrestling really.

Top Bottom