What's new

WWE/pro wrestling thread

Looking for any WWE fans or fans of pro wrestling in general. I watch ROH when I can and dabbled into new Japan pro wrestling and a few other indies. This could the place for any like minded folk that would like to regularly discuss the weekly programming.

I like Hulk Hogan, he is part Spanish and Italian like me $download.jpg

. https://books.google.com/books?id=c...v=onepage&q=French Italian Panamanian&f=false

Looking for any WWE fans or fans of pro wrestling in general. I watch ROH when I can and dabbled into new Japan pro wrestling and a few other indies. This could the place for any like minded folk that would like to regularly discuss the weekly programming.

If you haven't already, I recommend checking out Lucha Underground and PWG. NXT is also pretty good. If you like the Japanese stuff, you should research HUSTLE. Its not in business anymore but videos can still be found on the net. Lots of emphasis on storytelling but still mixes in solid ring work.

I don't really watch wrestling anymore, but as a kid I always looked forward to Saturday mornings and Saturday nights to watch wrestling from Memphis. Memories of people like Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, Austin Idol, The Rock-n-Roll Express, The Fabulous Ones, Ric Flair etc are fond ones. I was at the Mid-South Coliseum the night when Jerry Lawler pile drived actor Andy Kaufmann...good times. They would wrestle at local high schools. I remember seeing those guys and others like Rick Rude and Koko B.Ware wrestle on the same floor we took P.E. on lol.
That's amazing that you were part of history like that!

If you haven't already, I recommend checking out Lucha Underground and PWG. NXT is also pretty good. If you like the Japanese stuff, you should research HUSTLE. Its not in business anymore but videos can still be found on the net. Lots of emphasis on storytelling but still mixes in solid ring work.
I do watch NXT on WWE network. I just recently got rid of cable so I will be keeping up by reading results and rumors online. I've heard tons of great things about lucha underground and I know the PWG has been around a long time. I think without tv I will ROH the most. I watched a few guys on there that are now in WWE

I didn't know that about the hulkster. He used to be my favorite when I was real little. He hasn't been too friendly in the media lately though. WWE severed ties with him
I'm not sure about
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/670...arch-to-wrestlemania-note#7qrrUZYI3gCsBe1R.99
According to some people who were interested in having him for an appearance, they got the impression that Hogan thinks he will be back with WWE shortly after Wrestlemania, if not that weekend
Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/670...arch-to-wrestlemania-note#VpmXzLqUhJsvovkM.99

I'm not sure about
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/670...arch-to-wrestlemania-note#7qrrUZYI3gCsBe1R.99
According to some people who were interested in having him for an appearance, they got the impression that Hogan thinks he will be back with WWE shortly after Wrestlemania, if not that weekend
Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/670...arch-to-wrestlemania-note#VpmXzLqUhJsvovkM.99
I've read a couple rumors also that they may be in talks again. Hogan is still a big draw for wrestling fans and Vince will do anything to get attention to the WWE. It may be long enough now that all the controversy has cooled down a bit and that it could all just be water under the bridge.

I've read a couple rumors also that they may be in talks again. Hogan is still a big draw for wrestling fans and Vince will do anything to get attention to the WWE. It may be long enough now that all the controversy has cooled down a bit and that it could all just be water under the bridge.
And boat load of money:laugh:

Sign me up. Been watching WWE/ WWF, WCW, TNT, Stampede wrestling, etc since I was a kid. Granted it's more of a soap opera for guys, but the nostalgia of my grandfather and my father watching it keeps me going. I even attended the very first WWF pay per view ever. Shawn Michaels had to forfeit the title due to injury and Razor Ramone beat Big Daddy Diesel for the belt. Also was the debut of Gold dust.

Sign me up. Been watching WWE/ WWF, WCW, TNT, Stampede wrestling, etc since I was a kid. Granted it's more of a soap opera for guys, but the nostalgia of my grandfather and my father watching it keeps me going. I even attended the very first WWF pay per view ever. Shawn Michaels had to forfeit the title due to injury and Razor Ramone beat Big Daddy Diesel for the belt. Also was the debut of Gold dust.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Very cool my man. I've been to a few house shows and one raw last year about two weeks before wrestlemania. Wrestlemania coming up quick this year. Thoughts or predictions?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Very cool my man. I've been to a few house shows and one raw last year about two weeks before wrestlemania. Wrestlemania coming up quick this year. Thoughts or predictions?

I think HHH will lose the title, but think Seth Rollins name will be linked in somehow. Shane-O-Mac will win in some way or form and bring back Hogan and a few other names to give Raw a kick in the pants. I still have to watch Raw from Monday since I have it PVR'd... So I may be changing some predictions.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've been watching wrestling for 55 years now. (It stinks now.)

My two favorite wrestling movies are I'm From Hollywood (starring my cuz) and I Like to Hurt People.

I think HHH will lose the title, but think Seth Rollins name will be linked in somehow. Shane-O-Mac will win in some way or form and bring back Hogan and a few other names to give Raw a kick in the pants. I still have to watch Raw from Monday since I have it PVR'd... So I may be changing some predictions.

Quite the contradiction . . . bringing back the dinosaurs, and giving Raw a kick in the pants. Which is it? Most observers think that the WWE needs to ditch the PG rating requirement and do what is TRULY best for business. Allow certain employees to go and push the performers that the fans WANT to see pushed. It is one thing to have a few part time "legends", but they MUST be able to perform. As for the rest, guys like Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, ADR, and Ambrose are being wasted, as was Daniel Bryan and, until the last year or two of his time, CM Punk.

No way is hogan coming back. I'm really hoping ambrose takes the title at road block and we get an ambrose vs reigns mania title match. I'm not sure how I feel about the Shane taker match. It should be a good match regardless the outcome.

Quite the contradiction . . . bringing back the dinosaurs, and giving Raw a kick in the pants. Which is it? Most observers think that the WWE needs to ditch the PG rating requirement and do what is TRULY best for business. Allow certain employees to go and push the performers that the fans WANT to see pushed. It is one thing to have a few part time "legends", but they MUST be able to perform. As for the rest, guys like Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, ADR, and Ambrose are being wasted, as was Daniel Bryan and, until the last year or two of his time, CM Punk.

I do miss the days of Austin 3:16. Attitude was great and it worked for that industry. This PG crap sucks. It is the same old tired storylines that keep getting regurgitated time after time. Why is HHH the champion? Nobody wants that. There so much new talent out there that they need to go towards them. Are they just having HHH hold the title until Cena gets back? That would be terrible. What happened to Randy Orton? AJ Styles is here now, why not push him?

Top Bottom