What's new

Worst brush you have ever used?

VDH Boar
proxy.php

Even after a year of use it is just terrible.

Pictures appreciated! Original or stock.

Edit: Brushes mentioned are not inherently "bad". Simply a YMMV thing.

Last edited:
Marvy Brand bought at Sally Beauty. I have a VDH brush like you showed and it is 10 times the brush the Marvy was.

I must be lucky as even the tweezerman pure badger I had was fine. All that I have used have been acceptable.

Now I did go back to my 45 year old unknown brand pharmacy store nylon brush once (only once) and it is a prickly PIG... But I think that maybe the fact that it has had about half of the bristles warn away from 45 years of use might have something to do with it :lol:

proxy.php

VDH Boar
proxy.php

Even after a year of use it is just terrible.

Pictures appreciated! Original or stock.

Edit: Brushes mentioned are not inherently "bad". Simply a YMMV thing.

that actually looks pretty good! my VDH boar shed for quite a while…

Marvy Brand bought at Sally Beauty. I have a VDH brush like you showed and it is 10 times the brush the Marvy was.

I agree wholeheartedly. I gave one to my 16 year old son to use when he started to use a de. I watched him use it for the first time, took it away from him, threw it in the trash, and gave him one of my other brushes to use. It was total junk. The VDH brush, on the other hand, I like, and is still used once or twice a month. As with everything else, ymmv.

i must have and still am very fortunate as i have not used a terrible brush. i guess for the least pleasurable, it must have been a Vulfix 22mm knot brush; too floppy and not enough backbone.

Marvy by a mile. It was a gift from my uncle, and I tried my best to like it, but in the end I had to admit it was awful.

The worst brush ever? Probably this chinese boar:

Hard and scritchy hair, shedder, bad paint quality... I simply can't imagine how my aunt could use it some years ago... I threw it to the rubbish after taking these photos, hehe

The worst brush ever? Probably this chinese boar:

Hard and scritchy hair, shedder, bad paint quality... I simply can't imagine how my aunt could use it some years ago... I threw it to the rubbish after taking these photos, hehe

It looks like you aunt tried to use it as a paintbrush at some point. That thing looks like Chinese craftsmanship at its best.

Ben

Top Bottom