What's new

Working in the downtown of a Large City(Advice needed)

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I remember that incident ... for a long time, it was a local mystery as to who painted those signs. He was referred to as "The HON Man." After a few years, someone came forward and confessed to the deed, but there are doubters (like Me) that don't think he was The Real Deal.

I never heard a man ever say "Hon" there. It was always late 30s to early 60's women. Waitresses always "Hon" their customers. Good ones, anyway. There couldn't be a "Hon man".

I never heard a man ever say "Hon" there. It was always late 30s to early 60's women. Waitresses always "Hon" their customers. Good ones, anyway. There couldn't be a "Hon man".
You're right ... the only time a man would use the "H" word is in the context of mocking the Bmore accent ... "Oym goin' downy oshun, Hon ... Airs too minnie outee-towners here for The Prickness."

Last edited:
Invest in kevlar, always pack a piece, never make eye contact with anyone. Keep your money in your front pocket. Don't ever carry credit, and or debit cards. Other than that enjoy yourself.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Everything I know about Cleveland comes from watching The DREW CAREY Show.
It gets a lot of crap, but if I could get the pay and security I have here in Cleveland, I would move back. I do miss the seasons. Plus, they have a world class orchestra, a theater district second only to NYC, great ethnic diversity (and the food to go with it), and the MetroParks

Top Bottom