What's new

Wolfman standard gap OC vs ATT R2

Can anyone with knowledge of both compare these two heads in terms of aggressiveness, smoothness, efficiency etc...? i know you can't tell everything just from blade gap numbers. Thanks everyone

I don't have an OC Wolfman, but I do have a standard gap SB and the ATT R1, so I may be of some help.

I think the the efficiency is very similar between the WR1 and the R1. But I would say that the WR1 feels smoother, actually shaves as efficiently but feels a little milder. The blade angle I use with my WR1 is juat about the same as what I used with my R1.

To me the standard blade gap in the Wolfman is a great choice for those looking to move over from ATT R1/R2 razors. The learning curve was very shallow, and now I'm getting outstanding shaves consistently.

My standard gap Wolfman SB (WR1 with WRH2 handle) is the belle of the ball around here! Terrific shaver for me.

I considered ordering the OC but (unfortunately) have not managed to get back on the waiting list. I have no desire for the ATT so I cannot provide much help on the comparison. From the comments here it is a good razor for sure.

They are designed different.

tmp_6325-tapatalk_1476204383917863701494.jpeg

The Wolfman razors are designed like the top picture(NEW SC), which locks the blade down securely with the baseplate, giving it the most rigidity. It's like having a double edge SE razor.

The ATT M, R, and H plates are designed like the bottom picture(NEW Deluxe). The blade is locked down further back and then curves with the cap. It has less rigidity.

Many times, more blade exposure is compensated for less rigidity. IMHO blade exposure is no replacement for lack of rigidity.

If you don't shave ATG, then either design will work great. If you do shave ATG, then IME, the more rigid the blade edge the better.

The ATT SE1, and SE2 matches the Wolfman razors rigidity and has more rigidity than M, R, and H plates.

Timeless is more comparable to the Wolfman with its design.

I owned the ATT M1, R1, and H1 and sold them, I prefer razors with Max rigidity.

I don't own a Wolfman either, the wait is insane.

Last edited:
My ATT SE2 v1 is my top performer currently. It and its other Artist Club SE razors consistently outperform any DE offerings I've ever had in terms of efficiency as more importantly comfort. I have the ATT Atlas R2 and it is a beast. I've had flawless shaves but do have to be conscious of blade flex as indicated because that chatter can lead to irritation. My ultimate goal was to find something a little less aggressive than my ATT R2 but with great efficiency and smoothness.

It's all ymmv but it's hard to compare different razors with different designs and gaps etc...that's why I was looking for first hand info on the ATT R2 vs Wolfman OC standard gap

Thanks for the response everyone

I have both. The Wolfman OC w/ standard gap is smoother than the R2. Their efficiency is equal.
Rabidus is 100% right about the blade clamping like a NEW. In fact, the NEW SC shaves very very similar to the Wolfman.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have both. The Wolfman OC w/ standard gap is smoother than the R2. Their efficiency is equal.
Rabidus is 100% right about the blade clamping like a NEW. In fact, the NEW SC shaves very very similar to the Wolfman.

This is fantastic news. The same efficiency but smoother is exactly what I was hoping for.

This is fantastic news. The same efficiency but smoother is exactly what I was hoping for.
One thing I should also mention that may affect the experience is my shave angle is set up so that the cap and blade edge are touching my skin. Not with the comb and blade edge touching my skin.

Top Bottom