What's new

Wolf Whiskers

Since Peter is back to creating his masterpiece brushes, I thought it might be nice to have a Wolf Whiskers master thread. So please post your brushes for all to admire.

This is a 'Bob' in caramel popcorn. The knot (even though you can't see it) is a TGN Finest F2 24mm set at 48mm.

This is an Eagle in Midnight Penny. The knot is a TGN HMW 22mm set at 46mm.

I have another one on order, but I'll be waiting a bit on it.

Sometimes I see brushes like these and I really ponder how some people can't tell the difference between the cheap chinese knots and the quality ones like these. Nice looking brushes. That TGN HMW looks nice... must tell myself I don't need any more brushes.

WOW! Both are such beautiful brushes. That eagle looks Amazing!! So want one of these. Unfortunately college has made me broke lol. Hopefully sometime in the future.

I've got 2 more brushes on order with Peter...a nice little Christmas gift to myself. One is going to have a Shavemac D01 Silvertip in it and the other will be another TGN Finest. The TGN knots are really great, for the money, but I do love my Shavemacs. This will be my 4th Shavemac knot.

Got word from Peter, one of my 2 customs was completed today. He sent me a few pictures to show me how it turned out. Needless to say, I'm sure pleased!

$DSC_0294.jpg$DSC_0295.jpg$DSC_0296.jpg

Here is my GREAT-LOOKING brush from Peter -

full

It has a ShaveMac, 24mm, Silvertip 2 band, fan-shaped knot, with a loft of 50.5mm.

It's the most beautiful brush I've ever seen. You can't see it in the picture, but as you tilt the brush one way or another, light blue 'flames' appear in the handle. As I said, it's just beautiful.

It's also a delight to use. Good backbone, soft tips, etc. This is my first and only ShaveMac knot, and now I see why these knots get such rave reviews.

I am just so thrilled with this brush. Peter does fantastic work. I could use this brush every day, and be perfectly happy. I feel like a very lucky guy to own such a fine thing.

Keep up the good work, Peter.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Julie shape really caught my eye. To me it looks basically like an L/M-7 with a squashed top.

For years, my favorite shave brush shape was Oscar11's take on that "7" style handle. Then I remember restoring a few brushes, and having one of the collars from a Rubberset 200 deform and bulge on me. At first I was disappointed. But when I popped it back onto the handle, it actually looked really good. And it allowed me to use a larger knot. I remember thinking how much I like the squashed collar look. Then I saw Peter post a Julie a few weeks back, and it immediately hit me: it's a "7" with a bulged "collar"! I had to have one.

Can't wait to see what other shapes he comes up with.

I think Peter said that the Julie shape came from a messed up L7 he was trying to turn. Happy accidents!

As for upcoming shapes, I'm not sure what Peter is cooking up, but I do know he's really easy to work with. I sent him 2 design ideas for brushes, after some back and forth, we agreed on the designs. The first is that beehive hybrid seen above. I believe that shape will be called The Alveare (Latin for beehive). The second brush is still in work. I can't wait to see that one done. The shape is pretty different than Peter's other brushes. I won't describe it now; I'll post it when it has been completed. Can't wait.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
His copper colored handles in various combinations are unique and very appealing! All his handles are outstanding.

I think Peter said that the Julie shape came from a messed up L7 he was trying to turn. Happy accidents!

I realize now that I mixed up 2 different stories. The Julie design was actually requested by a person and should get the credit that it's due. The look, lines, and balance of that handle are fantastic and I can easily see adding one to my collection at some point.

Unfortunately, my wallet has gone about 10 rounds this Christmas season. :laugh:

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one when Peter was called away for his military gig, so I had to wait (and hope he was picking it all back up once he returned). Soon as I saw he was back, I got an email out and started the process... So totally worth the wait! I wanted a take on the a Simpson's Classic handle. I'm having trouble grabbing any other of the brushes I have at this point once this one arrive.
TGN Finest 22mm Fan knot, set at 50mm.

$brush1.jpg
$brush2.jpg

Top Bottom