What's new

Winter skin

Fellas,
With really dry winter skin, is their addtl prep which you have found useful before and after the shave?
Thanks.......
Ron

Use a good quality moisturizer after shaving and before retiring at night. I use CeraVe but there are others out there, too.

I agree with cryhavoc. Nivea balm is great stuff. I use Cremo shaving cream as a pre-shave lotion. It works for me because it keeps the skin slick and moisturized, and it's cheap. :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I used balm for a bit when I first started (Nivea Sensitive) and it worked well. But I just don't like balms all that much...I've always used splashes, and prefer them.

Now, in the cold dry months, I use MWF soap -- great post-shave face feel. And Stirling AS splash. They both have great ingredients that pamper and moisturize my skin. No balm now for 2 winters...this routine works for me!

Lanolin based soaps are an excellent skin moisturizer. That is if your not allergic to it. Check some out like Mitchell's, Shannon's Soaps, etc. There are a few. Just do some research. And then Nivea, most if not all here have used or continue to use it.

You can pick up a bottle of veggie glycerin and add it to lather, AS splashes, balms, etc. One ~$5 bottle lasts a long time, since each use needs at most 3 drops (for individual applications; "converting" whole bottles would obviously take more). It's great because you can keep using whatever products you like, and I've never heard of a glycerin allergy/sensitivity. Lanolin is great, and I think you can buy it pure on the cheap, but quite a few people are sensitive to it.

If you don't care for little home chemistry experiments, then Saponificio Varesino is by far the most moisturizing soap I have ever used. Stirling is a good, affordable second place but it's no contest to me. To be fair, I haven't tried MWF or Haslinger yet. Oh, and my SV is the Beta 4.0 formula. The 4.1 and 4.2 are supposed to be even better. :001_tt1: Just remember, before you :a47: at the price, it is a very, very hard, triple-milled soap. Price per shave is under $0.20, unless you're shaving a lot more than your face.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm with Jim. I use a moisturizing lotion on my face before bed. I dry out big time in the winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well if we are going to add soaps to the conversation, I find MWF and Mike's Natural Soaps to be the best skin for my skin in winter.

I'm not a fan of skin food, but Musgo balm is a miracle cure for my winter skin. At a fraction of the price Soap Commander balms do a good job too. I use SC every night before bed but nothing I've tried is as good after shaving than Musgo. It's expensive, but since I only use it during our short "winters" here and only a tiny bit is needed, I've talked myself into believing it's worth the price.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
As properly declared above a good balm after shaving and a good moisturizer before going to bed do the trick. Also, an hydrating bath soap is recommended.

Top Bottom