What's new

Winston-Salem, NC

Hey guys. I'm relatively new to wet shaving. Well, very new. I was wondering if any of the members are familiar with the city of Winston-Salem, NC? Specifically are there any stores in town that carry quality wet shaving products? I'm o.k. with ordering things over the net, but sometimes it's nice to be able to sample things in the store before buying it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I live in Oak Ridge, kinda the half way point of Greensboro and Winston Salem. I can tell you the things you can get local is very basic stuff. You can get the Real Shaving Co Shaving cream at Rite Aid , Van der Hagan kit, Wilkinson Sword Blades, Williams Mug soap, Shave Secret at Walmart, Shea Moisture Badger Shaving Brush at Target, C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream at Bath and Body Works.

Thats about all the things I can think off the top of my head. I had seen a few Omega Shaving brushes in booths at Antique stores but don't remember where.

I live in Kernersville. Exactly wha Nicktheswede said, except you can get Art of Shaving products at the Board Room Salon in Winston Salem.

Thanks guys. I was hoping there was some undiscovered holy grail of shaving in the local area. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it is so.

Another wet-shaving find in Winston Salem.

The Washington Park Barber Shop, newly opened on Broad St. at the intersection with Acadia Ave. is a two chair barber shop which offers a $15 haircut with a neck shave with a straight razor. It is actually a shavette of some sort.

They also have Parker products, shark blades and few other wet shaving supplies. Stop in and encourage them!

Mast General Store downtown has all 4 scents of Col. Conk, some Conk brushes and mugs and Witch Hazel. Royall Bermuda scents in bath soap, EDT and balm. BUT they have TOBS Sandalwood soap, cream and EDT along with Gillette 7'Oclock green. Not the best but it is a start.

Top Bottom