What's new

Williams again. Oy and Ah

I think in the end that I'm glad that I can use it and will sometimes, but I think there are other soaps that I like better and will use more

So Williams plus few hours soaking equals slim. Washed most of he slim away and letting it dry. Try to lather it tomorrow when I get off work.

i just took what I had and used it in the shower much like I did with VH. With all the easy to use tubes and softer soaps like clubman and soap commander to name a few, why try and pound a diamond out of a turd?

Williams MUG soap. "Mug" being the key word here gentlemen. It's designed to be lathered "on the puck" in a mug.

Drop the puck into your favorite mug and fill it to the top with the hottest water you can get outta the tap. Set it on the counter to soak overnight. The next day, before you shower, dump out the water and refill it with hot water again and drop your BOAR brush on top to soak. When you get out of the shower and you're ready to shave, dump the hot water out of the mug using the brush to keep the puck from falling out. Press the brush into the puck to force a bit of water out of the bristles (not too hard) and start working up a lather on the puck inside the mug.

Need a bit more water? Dribble a few drops in. Need more soap? Press a bit harder with the brush to pick up more soap off the puck. When you think you've got a pretty decent lather whipped up you're really only half way there. It takes longer than you think. Stay with it and you'll be rewarded with the all-time slickest soap you'll ever shave with.

When you're done, rinse your brush clean and set it aside to dry. Put the mug, lather and all, on the shelf until tomorrow. You only need to do the overnight soak the first time you use it. Every use thereafter you soak the puck, brush, and leftover lather in prep for the days shave. You need to remain faithful to ol' Williams. Use it every day as described above and it will perform better the more use it gets. If it dries out completely (neglected for several days), you gotta start all over again with the overnight soak. The puck will want to fall out or simply spin around for the first few days. The older and crustier the mug, the better it'll grip. Putting a lid on the mug to trap the moisture will give you an extra day between shaves (depending on your climate).

Unlike more modern soaps, you can't make a few swirls on the puck then whip up a nice lather separately in a bowl. Nor can you swirl around it a few times and build a lather on your face. You gotta build the lather on the puck inside the MUG.

-Kesto

Williams is one of my favorite soaps ever, if not my very favorite. Nothing compares to the slickness it gives. I posted some threads here back in 2012 or so about how to lather it and how the soap needed a lot of water.

When I say a lot of water, I mean a lot of water. Not just a few drops extra. I can literally lather Williams up and Leave the brush loaded with lather standing on the table and walk away and if I come back ten minutes later it's still a thick cloud of lather on the brush.

The key to stopping it from vanishing on your face is to put more water in it.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's the lather that i get from Williams( modern). It works for me all the Time whit that result that's why it my go to soap

Here's the lather that i get from Williams( modern). It works for me all the Time whit that result that's why it my go to soap
My first question would be, are you using that much lather so the whole neighborhood can shave or is that all for your shave only? If its for your shave only, I would say you are wasting a ton of soap per shave and might want to cut back some, unless your making 8-10 passes though!!

My first question would be, are you using that much lather so the whole neighborhood can shave or is that all for your shave only? If its for your shave only, I would say you are wasting a ton of soap per shave and might want to cut back some, unless your making 8-10 passes though!!
LOL, no that's the lather before my shave and yes there's lots left after I done my shave but I don't mind whit Williams I do have in stock 185 pucks in stock so :a29:it's not a problem lol. If problem is I have to much of that soap lol no seriously I very like the soap it gaves me great shaves and great post shave to.

Top Bottom