What's new

Wilkinson Sword Blue Stick

I've noticed that WS have started selling the blue shaving stick on their UK website for circa £2.

But is it any good?

How does it compare to the bowl soap?

What are the ingredients and scent of the stick?

IMG_20170226_110537.jpg
IMG_20170226_110514.jpg
Hi! This is definitely one of the most neglected shaving sticks around any wet-shaving fora. Is it due availability issues overseas? Here in Germany and in the UK you can get it pretty easily.

Superbly performer. I would rate it on top of any shaving sticks I've been using. 1. Wilkinson Blue Shaving Stick, 2. Arko Shaving Stick, 3. Lea Shaving Stick, 4. Speick Shaving Stick, 5. Palmolive Shaving Stick.

Great cushion, great slickness.

By no means it can be compared to the Wilkinson Shaving Soap Bowl (blue coloured plastic container). IT, THE STICK, IS A DIFFERENT SOAP FORMULA, BASE. MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN THE SOAP IN THE BOWL.

If you are able to get one of these sticks, buy at least one! The scent is soapy, fresh, a little, little aquatic scent with a hint of spice (A HINT).

Ingredients, see attached picture.

Greetings from Berlin.

Chris

Reactions: ike
+1 to what Germanshaver said... the stick and the bowl don't really compare.. I like the stick as much as any of those he compares it to... and the price is right at 2 British Pounds compared to the Euro price....
Grab some and try it.

Great shaving stick and a bargain.

The tallow and lanolin in the stick help to make it a much better performer than the bowl.

Interesting that the order in which ingredients are listed closely resembles Williams Mug Soap. Many say that they have difficulty with Williams because it isn't "tallow first."

I like this stick very much.It is the perfect combination with aqua velva aftershave.
It is quite cheap and quite nice.The performance is on par with every other shaving stick available.

Have heard the Wilkinson Sword stick has great performance, but many have trouble with the blue tub, so you may want to go with the shave stick.

Delving into the forray of ultra-cheap shaving as I have recently, I have ended up with two of these WS sticks. I've used one quite a bit; the other is still unopened. My others are Palmolive, La Toja and Arko.

Palmolive is easily a benchmark for me, especially if I use it for multiple consecutive shaves and paired with the Nivea Sensitive ASB.

La Toja I'm only just discovering. Early indications for me are that it is comparable to the Palmolive. Arko, not a winner for me on performance. Got some irritation. Scent is quite pleasant though.

As for the WS, I found it quite moisturising compared to the Palmolive. A little sticky even after the shave. BUt not a problem; you just need to pair it with the right AS or ASB. In my case, I can't clog my face with too many creams as it causes me to break out; hence why I rate Palmolive and La Tajo (for now) so highly. Don't get me wrong, the WS stick is going to be great in the colder weather, which might explain why so many of these shaving goodies are made in Germany.

On the point of availability. The WS sticks are fairly easy to find here, though you have to look online for them. Some local pharmacies/chemists might have them here in the UK, although it varies. Hard to tell where so you have to just keep looking.

I agree, the WS stick is nothing like the stuff in the bowl. WS stick is one of the best shave sticks currently on the market.

I bought the Wilkinson Sword shave stick after reading about it in @Luc's Shave Stick Review Project thread(that's a great read if you're interested in shave sticks.) It is one of the best shave sticks that I use. I bought several for a reasonable price shipped from a vendor in the UK.

View attachment 764527 View attachment 764528 Hi! This is definitely one of the most neglected shaving sticks around any wet-shaving fora. Is it due availability issues overseas? Here in Germany and in the UK you can get it pretty easily.

Superbly performer. I would rate it on top of any shaving sticks I've been using. 1. Wilkinson Blue Shaving Stick, 2. Arko Shaving Stick, 3. Lea Shaving Stick, 4. Speick Shaving Stick, 5. Palmolive Shaving Stick.

Great cushion, great slickness.

By no means it can be compared to the Wilkinson Shaving Soap Bowl (blue coloured plastic container). IT, THE STICK, IS A DIFFERENT SOAP FORMULA, BASE. MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN THE SOAP IN THE BOWL.

If you are able to get one of these sticks, buy at least one! The scent is soapy, fresh, a little, little aquatic scent with a hint of spice (A HINT).

Ingredients, see attached picture.

Greetings from Berlin.

Chris

Absolut richtig. Nach meiner Meinung ist die Wilkinson Rasierstick prima. Ich mag es so viel.

I see what you mean.
The Blue Bowl formula lacks any sodium tallowate, but it does have dimethecone (a silicone, which I don't like) and it has ethylparaben (paraben preservatives are getting a bad rap these days, many manufacturers are getting rid of them).
More ingredients, TLDR:
proxy.php

I find that the Blue Bowl version does not leave any residual slickness, once you go over it with even a single stroke of the razor.
I do like the appearance of the bowl itself though.

I see what you mean.
The Blue Bowl formula lacks any sodium tallowate, but it does have dimethecone (a silicone, which I don't like) and it has ethylparaben (paraben preservatives are getting a bad rap these days, many manufacturers are getting rid of them).
More ingredients, TLDR:
proxy.php

I find that the Blue Bowl version does not leave any residual slickness, once you go over it with even a single stroke of the razor.
I do like the appearance of the bowl itself though.
^ It has got SLS as well which is know to be cancer causing !!! Stay away from the puck in the bowl. Stick all the way..

^ It has got SLS as well which is know to be cancer causing !!! Stay away from the puck in the bowl. Stick all the way..
SLS is not known to be cancer causing.

Stay away from the puck in the bowl because it's terrible, not because of something you read on the Internet.

Top Bottom