What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

"Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" has a shaving scene with Spencer Tracy - he gets so distracted with the situation he and his wife (Katherine Hepburn) are discussing he dunks his brush, loaded with lather, into his bourbon glass. Geez, a waste of good lather and good bourbon. I couldn't identify the razor, though.

"MY NAME IS NOBODY"
A spaghetti western with Henry Fonda and Terrence Hill.
One scene with Henry Fonda in a barber shop getting a shave with a straight razor,
and Terrence Hill getting a shave in a barber shop at the end of the movie.

Dang! Beat me to it. Hank got a nice shave from one of the bad guys who was out to kill him. Funny movie, especially the various references to other westerns.

Opening scene in Gangs of New York. Liam Neeson shaves with a straight and cuts himself on purpose.

A couple of episodes of M*A*S*H* - Trapper shaves with a straight and cuts himself. Hawkeye works up a lather in a mug.

In The Cotton Club, Nicolas Cage shaves with a straight and slices Frenchy's ear (played by Fred Gwynne) before lettin him go.

Apocolypse Now, Marlon Brando shaves in an insane way.

In A Bronx Tale, shaving scene with a DE.

An episode of Winds of War, Byron Henry (Jan-Michael Vincent) and his dad Pug Henry (Robert Mitchum) are in the men's room and Byron saves with a DE.

In another episode, we see Pug using a DE.

Last edited:
Opening scene in Gangs of New York. Liam Neeson shaves with a straight and cuts himself on purpose.

A couple of episodes of M*A*S*H* - Trapper shaves with a straight and cuts himself. Hawkeye works up a lather in a mug.

In The Cotton Club, Nicolas Cage shaves with a straight and slices Frenchy's ear (played by Fred Gwynne) before lettin him go.

Apocolypse Now, Marlon Brando shaves in an insane way.

In A Bronx Tale, shaving scene with a DE.

true, hawkeye was always lathered up and ready to shave..:lol:

An episode of Winds of War, Byron Henry (Jan-Michael Vincent) and his dad Pug Henry (Robert Mitchum) are in the men's room and Byron saves with a DE.

In another episode, we see Pug using a DE.

wow, old school tv, wasnt that on abc friday night line up right before the night stalker?:huh:

Can't believe I didn't mention this the first time around - in the first or second episode of Life on Mars (Season 1, both UK and US versions), Sam is shaving in front of a broken mirror with what looks like a Super Speed. As he's checking his reflection in the cracked and the clean sides of the mirror, trying to distinguish reality from the imaginary, he nicks himself.

life on mars was a good show, it should have not been cancled , but i cant recall those shave seens. i gonna have to look at it again since i dowloaded and saved it.

This one is practically the opposite of a safety razor, but I thought it was relevant enough and made me chuckle when I saw it.
It's from Pandorum. I guess in the future we shave with lasers, not razors...

I don't know if this was mentioned already (I skipped to the end of the thread) but I noticed Andy Botwin shaving with what looked like a Merkur HD or possibly something older in Season 4 of the Showtime series Weeds. Great show, btw.

wow, old school tv, wasnt that on abc friday night line up right before the night stalker?:huh:

Prime time for six or seven nights, skipping Saturday I believe, in 1983. The only show they ran each of those nights. Still one of the most watched shows of all time. Yes, it was ABC.

Last edited:
The recently cancelled TV show Heroes had a DE in the first episode of season 3. It was a TTO...it showed him loading the blade so someone here would be able to identify what it was.

It was the first time I had ever seen a DE and found this site when trying to find what it was. Before I came here I shaved about once a week.

In the last season, about 6 episodes in, a guy used a straight.

Homer Simpson in the last episode of Season1 - Some Enchanted Evening.

Homer is showing Bart how to shave and each and every time he shaves his beard grows back immediately :lol:

The recently cancelled TV show Heroes had a DE in the first episode of season 3. It was a TTO...it showed him loading the blade so someone here would be able to identify what it was.

It was the first time I had ever seen a DE and found this site when trying to find what it was. Before I came here I shaved about once a week.

In the last season, about 6 episodes in, a guy used a straight.

too bad tv show was canceled, the music score was done by wendy and lisa of prince fame, they scored a few major tv shows as of lately.

This one is practically the opposite of a safety razor, but I thought it was relevant enough and made me chuckle when I saw it.
It's from Pandorum. I guess in the future we shave with lasers, not razors...

We will never shave with lasers unless they are use once then dispose!

I haven't seen it in a long time, but in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", Bob Hoskins works on his lather. Though I'm memory certain he had a straight? Can't find a image...

-jim

C
Carey Grant in "North By Northwest" Unknown Ladies Travel Razor

The Laurel Lady's razor examples I have are pretty tiny, almost novelty size. But it could be a Nymph, if that is a single pass. It would have been even funnier if it were the pink one. Wasn't this movie in color?

-jim

Top Bottom