What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Watched Cary Grant in the 1950 drama Crisis. At some point in the first third of the movie, while his wife is packing, he comes out of the bathroom face lathering with a brush, then comes back to finish talking to her while he is shaving with what looks like a TTO razor. No pics, but maybe others can find some?

"A Single Man" (2009) starring Colin Firth (adapted from the 1964 novel by Christopher Isherwood).

The film is directed by fashion designer Tom Ford. The opening of the movie shows the main character George preparing himself for the day, including shaving with a double-edged safety razor. It seems very likely that Ford is having Firth recreate Ford's own daily habits of dressing himself meticulously.

Later, someone looks into his bathroom drawer. Unfortunately, you can't see very clearly what's on the bathroom counter, but he definitely uses a brush and Williams.

$A Simple Man 03.jpg$A Single Man 01.jpg$A Single Man 02.jpg

Don't know if I mentioned it but saw a shave scene in Escape from New York towards the end. Straight razor shave that looks horribly bad.

proxy.php

Scandal
S6/e1. ABC TV

Marques campaign manager of President elect Vargas is using electric shaver

$Screenshot_20170205-002957.jpg$Screenshot_20170205-002903.jpg

Last edited:
Three's Company
Crissy offers to shave Jack with a straight razor before a big job interview, he asks her to practice on a balloon first.

proxy.php

I know this has been mentioned many times before, but I just re-watched Once Upon A Time In The West. I'm watching the scene where Claudia Cardinale brings Jason Robards a razor and soap and he lathers up and shaves. For the life of me, I can't tell the difference between before and after he shaves. Did he just get his chin (ever so slightlly)?
Photo #1 is him early on in the movie and then Photo #2 is shortly after the shave. Was it just a dull blade?
photo-1.56863

photo-2.56864

Cary Grant shaves twice (two different times) using what looks to be an injector of some type in the film "Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House"

I just watched "The Light in Between" .. shaving scene using DE razor. I couldn't determine whether it was a vintage or modern one in the second it was on screen though.

A Touch of Frost Season Ten "Close encounters" Dective Inspector Jack Frost holds up a shaving brush while talking to a suspect in his home.
upload_2017-2-18_18-44-46.png

Top Bottom