What's new

Which razor should a try next? Newbie.

I'm an enabler, get them all. I have 12 razors, 3 adjustables, even on the same setting each shave differently, and I prefer diferrent blades in each. The same with my superspeeds, and old types. I prefer the vintage gillettes, but there are some really good new aggressive razors out there. You might get a Futur, or a fatip, or any that have been suggested and find they are not for you, or that they are the best shave ever. Only one way to find out.

i dont need more aggressive. I just dont want much less aggressive.

Im mostly looking for something that may give me a different experience. Which i think a slant or opencomb may fit the bill.

Its like i started with a Toyota camry, moved to a mustang, then to a corvette.

Now i wanna try a Tesla or turbo model T.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
PAA bakelite then. Open comb and slant and very different than anything you have while still maintaining some aggressiveness. Only $20 too.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

i dont need more aggressive. I just dont want much less aggressive.

Im mostly looking for something that may give me a different experience. Which i think a slant or opencomb may fit the bill.

Its like i started with a Toyota camry, moved to a mustang, then to a corvette.

Now i wanna try a Tesla or turbo model T.

I dont think there is any magical de razor,you just waste money trying to find one that doesnt exist,i have a r41 ,2xslant bars ,and a couple others they all work.they are all just blade holders.

Bakelite razors are very different in terms of weight and balance. The Merkur 45 might fit the bill if you're looking for a little change. Efficient but very smooth. Razorock also makes an OC head you could use with the Mission handle.

Just started DE shaving a little.over a month ago.

I started with a weishi, but found it wayy to mild.

So i moved on to a RedTip which seems to be the perfect aggressiveness for quick careless shaves, no blood.

Now i just picked up slim, which at 7 i got my first weeper, wasnt being too careful.

Before i got the slim i was thinking of doing a fatboy, but now i have reconsidered, as the slim head makes it really easy to get under nose hairs, and i wouldnt want anything for sure with a larger profile than my redtip.

Budget ide like to stay under $100.
I dont wanna go too much less aggressive than a slim on 5, or red tip. More aggressive is fine.

So i was kinda leaning towards a futur or some sort of slant, just to try something new.

Thoughts?

I just posted a thread on the Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. A bargain and a very good razor. The RR German 37 is awesome and easily the best budget slant on the market. If you want to push out the boat try the Wunderbar slant from RazoRock. The best razor I've ever used. The Ikon X3 slant is very efficient and the Maggard slant is a very good too.

Top Bottom