What's new

Where In the World Am I?

I didn't realize that. Wow, where do I sign up for that job?

Here's the next one:

proxy.php

Plus points if you can say it the native language!

Wow. I feel validated.

Hint: It is the gate to a castle. A castle that really isn't there anymore, except for some odd walls, and a national cemetery.

Bingo! I was going to give "threshhold" as my hint, but I'm guessing no one would have gotten it...

You're up!

Here's a contribution from my own photos. (Unfortunately, that means a digital photo of a 3"x5" photo). Should look vaguely familiar...

proxy.php

Cheech: how do you make your pictures so big?

I don't know. I post the link from flickr, and that's just how they turn out.

No idea where this is, but it sure is purty.

flickr? Thanks for that and the compliment. It's a beautiful area. Too bad my photo of a photo isn't as sharp as the original photo - the focus of which is, well, razor sharp.

Should I give this some more time or another hint?

Hmm...I have no idea. I also would have guessed somewhere in New Mexico...Maybe Nevada?

Zeroing in - the state is adjacent to both Nevada and New Mexico. I'm looking for the name of this ghost town in the Southwest U.S.

Huge hint coming this evening. But, right now, time for a bike ride with the lovely Mrs. Live2Ride...

Scott, my friend, you are so close. I googled "grafton" and found a photo that matches one I have: I'd been there on the trip I shot the above photo.

Here's another hint in the order visited on my "southwestern trip": Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, 4 Corners, Glen Canyon Dam, the ghost town/movie set in the photo, Bryce Canyon, Grafton, Zion National Park.

Good luck fellows. One more hint: the movie this set was used for is probably my favorite western.

Top Bottom