What's new

Where can I buy the sharpest razors?

S

Seven7Chakras

I want to stack up so I never go through one of these bad shaving weeks again. Some razor bumps have come back and my neck is not looking smooth at all.

S

sullivanpm

The sharpest I have encountered are the Feathers.
I only get two good shaves with them though.

The sharpest razor I've found so far is the Treet carbon steel. But the problem is that the blade that works for me will not necessarily work for you. So there's naught to do but work through the sampler packs:

In the US: here and here.
In the UK: here.

You have to try many different brands of blades in order to find those that work best for you. The Feathers work for some, not for others. Same with any brand. So I suggest you get both sampler packs and start trying blades.

The sharpest I have ever used would be Feathers. But I have come to see over time that sharpness is not everything. There are so many other factors in your shave.

Leisureguy - are Treets really sharper than Feathers?

YMMV, but here's my take. I have been using the high end creams for some time. CF, TOBS, etc. Zeroed in on Feathers as everything else seemed rough. Ive always ended up with a rough neck. Didn't think I would ever get away from that. I would never go back to cartridge as I enjoy the brush and the closeness of a DE shave.

On a whim, I went out and bought some Mama Bears soaps. I ordered about 5 different ones. Opened the Marauders Citrus because I just loved the tangerine like scent. Learned about corking a blade, so thats also a new element. Anywho, after loading up the brush, and breaking out the razor, Ive now been able to get a clean shave. Done about 10 shaves now. Real close to BBS every time and no razor bumps. I haven't isolated whether its the soap or the corking, but I have a formula that works so well now, Im not willling to even try the other Mama Bears soaps I got.

So, I have to agree with Christoph: "There are so many other factors in your shave." May not be a change in blade that you need. Maybe you could try corking and or a different combo of soaps or creams. Again, YMMV.

Best of luck and happy shaving!

A very wise choice! I suggest you get rid of the other 4 by sending them straight to me!:biggrin::biggrin:
Seriously, most of Mama Bear's soaps are the same basic mix, just different scents. The only difference it might make to your face irritation is if you have a sensitivity to some particular scents. It can happen, but not terribly common. Given your description of the problem, seems like you just needed a better soap. Give the others at least a one-shave try!:cool:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Sharpest razor? Probably a Dubl Duck Wonderedge or a TI. Sharpest DE razor blade? Well, I would have said Feather until I heard about Treet a couple minutes ago ... :scared:

Sharpest razor? Probably a Dubl Duck Wonderedge or a TI. Sharpest DE razor blade? Well, I would have said Feather until I heard about Treet a couple minutes ago ... :scared:

Ian, completely off topic and off the record now, just who is this foxy lady in your avatar?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Ian, completely off topic and off the record now, just who is this foxy lady in your avatar?

She's actress Lexa Doig, who came to my attention playing a character on the generally interesting sci-fi show "Andromeda" ... long story short, the Andromeda is a space battleship with artificial intelligence which is manifested in the form of the ship's avatar played by Lexa. So when I signed up here and saw that I could have an avatar of my own ... well ... :001_tt1:

Top Bottom