What's new

When Opportunity Knocks, Answer the Door and Bring Cash

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
And deep down I yearn to know but am afraid to ask out of jaw dropping fear how much cash that sponged out of your bank account.

That was a swell opportunity and many congratulations!

It was a nice pile of money, but a scandalously small amount compared to the value of the haul. I'll say that the best 3-4 pipes together from the pile are worth what I paid for everything.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I quit pipes in 2010 but I love when a deal is struck. Sounds like you did very well and obviously handled your self well in the actual deal because a guy doesn't give up a trove like that to either small dollars or someone he doesn't respect.

It was a nice pile of money, but a scandalously small amount compared to the value of the haul. I'll say that the best 3-4 pipes together from the pile are worth what I paid for everything.

Very very well done sir! I can't wait to see the vintage tins too. Krumble Kake is one of thre tins on my bucket list to find (the others being kingfisher and Germain Brown Flake) that I have yet to find. Been able to find the rest in esotericas, Germain's, etc but not those. I'm super excited to see this legendary haul.

Hirsute

I quit pipes in 2010 but I love when a deal is struck. Sounds like you did very well and obviously handled your self well in the actual deal because a guy doesn't give up a trove like that to either small dollars or someone he doesn't respect.

Thank you, and I think there's some truth to that. I think he was really glad that his beloved pipes were going to someone who would enjoy them and appreciate them for what they are. We had a nice time chatting about pipes, tobacco, smoking, airplanes, and all kinds of stuff.

Thank you, and I think there's some truth to that. I think he was really glad that his beloved pipes were going to someone who would enjoy them and appreciate them for what they are. We had a nice time chatting about pipes, tobacco, smoking, airplanes, and all kinds of stuff.

This is exactly how I feel about anything I buy. I wish to be the owner the previous would be proud of and anything I depart with I wish it's going to someone who finds a way to enjoy and treasure and take care of it equally or better than I did.

I have no doubt in my mind he found the right person.

Hirsute

First up: pipe racks and tobacco

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

proxy.php

Left row (top to bottom):
Ashton XXX Claret (unsmoked)
Set Jacopo L2 (coral dot)

Middle:
Radice Rind G 0 (unsmoked)
Don Carlos 2 note

Right:
Nording grade 3
Tsuge Miziki
Upshall FH P
Boswell

Hirsute

proxy.php

Left:
Unnamed meer (unsmoked)
Pioneer meer
Caminetto Business
Barling Guinea Grain

middle:
Abbey (unsmoked)
Charatan's Make Perfection

Right:
Benson & Hedges (made by Comoy's)
Ser Jacopo L1 (coral dot)
BBB
IRC (Iwan Ries Co) 3 star (France)

Hirsute

proxy.php

Left:
Castello Old Sea Rock
BBB own make Virgin
Charatans Make Belvedere
Comoy's Golden Grain

Middle:
Tilshead (Upshall)
Ferndown Vintage LJS
Castello "Castello" KKK
Savinelli Autograph 4

Right:
Brebbia
Sasieni 4Dot Ruff Root light
Lorenzo Titano

Hirsute

proxy.php

Left:
Peterson Premier
Peterson Premier
Caminetto 8 L 10
Charatans Make Belvedere

Middle:
Butz Choquin Belle Époque
Butz Choquin Maitre-Piper
Savinelli Autograph 6
Charatans Make Diehl Munchen

Right:
London Castle
Barling TVF
BBB straight Grain
BBB natural grain

Hirsute

And a couple of mahagony or fruitwood pipes (unsmoked)

proxy.php

Yawn, boring - nothing to see here folks move along.

Jk - I'm blown away my friend. That Charatan is an oldie.

What's the tobacco above the Krumble Kake? Oriental something? Doesn't look familiar at all.

If you gave $1,000 or else for this, you sir, have earned the buy of the decade award.

Top Bottom