What's new

When Opportunity Knocks, Answer the Door and Bring Cash

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I had the opportunity of my pipe collecting lifetime today: the chance to buy a gentleman's entire collection. And I did just that.

43 pipes - all in good condition, many unsmoked; Castello, Caminetto, Ser Jacopo, Don Carlos, Ashton, Ferndown, Upshall, Savinelli Autograph, Peterson, Charatan, Boswell, Barling, BBB, Brebbia, Lorenzo, Sasieni, Butz Choquin, a couple of meers, and a few odds and ends,

10 tins of well-aged tobacco, including Penzance, Krumble Kake, SG Best Brown Flake, a couple of Frog Mortons, Presbyterian, a few different GLPease blends, and C&D Bow-Legged Bear

2 pipe racks

Pics to follow...

No words...just a soft, slow clap of appreciation offered. Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Whaaaaaaaat?!

Why was he selling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Older guy, and he stopped smoking several years ago due to health issues and advice of doctor. Everything sat for a few years, and he finally decided to sell. Kept his favorite two pipes and sold the rest.

Older guy, and he stopped smoking several years ago due to health issues and advice of doctor. Everything sat for a few years, and he finally decided to sell. Kept his favorite two pipes and sold the rest.
What he really needed was a second opinion!

Can't wait to see photosa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hirsute

I've always hated his avatar, with those wee, beady eyes, and that smug look on his face.

[emoji2]
J/K
Just for that, I'm going to follow you and post after every single one of your posts, so you see my avatar even more often!

Hirsute

I'm telling you, finishing out the work day while a big pile of pipes looks at me (I did the deal on my lunch hour) is killing me. I'll post pics tonight.

And deep down I yearn to know but am afraid to ask out of jaw dropping fear how much cash that sponged out of your bank account.

That was a swell opportunity and many congratulations!

Top Bottom