What's your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse' started by TimmyBoston, Mar 12, 2010.

1. TimmyBoston

TimmyBoston Moderator Emeritus

What was your workout today?

2. TimmyBoston

Today was a rest day, but Thursday, I ran a couple miles and biked 27.

3. Today was a rest day. In fact I'm off until after my promotion exam on Tuesday. I'm spending the gym time studying.

4. Goals: After eating like crap for the past two years, I'm looking to cut down to a reasonable bodyfat whilst gaining strength. I have a long and strenuous road ahead of me, but willpower willing, I'll achieve it.

Stats:

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 280lbs
    Weight lost thus far: 12lbs after 3 weeks of dieting.
    Personal bests: 430 x 3 at 220lbs on bench, 585 x 3 at 220 for deadlift and 550 x 6 for squat at 220. I'm hoping to lose 70lbs and, again, achieve those same strength levels.

RP*: Rest/paused: A ten to fifteen second breath taken between subsequent mini-sets.

This weights workout is after a two-year hiatus from weightlifting.

Friday: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Incline Bench Press: 275 x 8 + 4 + 2 = 14 RP + weighted stretch

Seated Shoulder Press: 225 x 6 + 4 + 2 = 12RP + stretch

Incline Triceps Extensions (EZ Curl Bar): 105 X 15 + 7 + 4 = 26RP + weighted stretch.

Conclusion: After a two year lifting hiatus, I think this workout was pretty good. Granted, I've always been very strong where chest and triceps are concerned.

Dieting has been very good, so far. Keto (very low carbs; moderate/high protein; high fats) has always worked well for me. I plan to lose no less than 50lbs, willpower willing.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. 7 mile run. Longest distance I've ever gone! Next Saturday... 8 miles!

6. Today, Saturday, is a rest day for me. Friday was leg/shoulder/trap. day + core and cardio.

7. Wow, that's quite the workout! Sounds like you're doing good :)

*edit: oops I forgot to say that I think today is basically a rest day for me. Stretching.

8. TimmyBoston

Are you training for the Mini? If so, you're got a good pace! :thumbup1:

If not, run it! :thumbup1:

9. 6'2" 205 lbs. I've lost about 38 pounds in the last 7 months thanks to working retail, sweating my ass off (quite literally) in the back room. Today is a rest day (day off) since I've been laid low with the flu since Wednesday night.

10. The "Program Minimum" from Pavel Tsatsouline's book Enter the Kettlebell, done with 16 & 24 kg bellsÂ… today is my medium day, which means it's about 20 minutes of tough excercise, after which I can return to my decadent lifestyle of slacking off and reading this forum!:001_tt2:

11. TimmyBoston

Just got in from running a couple miles in the rain.

12. Today and the past 3 Saturdays: 15 mile bike ride with my wife. Last Sunday: 27.5 mile ride on singletrack - also with my wife. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

13. About an hour on the mountain with the 29er. Oh Yeah.

14. Ironically this is something I thoroughly enjoy. A long relaxed run in warm summer rain is awesome. Now, running in the cold... no thank you!

15. TimmyBoston

Years ago in junior high and high school when I actually ran regularly, I loved it. By far my favorite time to run, but today when it was 46 degrees and I was out sick all last week, I wasn't too happy about it, but I'm proud of myself for staying on my little training schedule.

16. :cool:

17. Wendy

Wendy Vendor

I am happy to see this thread again this year. It was a motivation for me last time. We have had nothing but rain for 2 days. I am ready to be back on my bike daily. I took my first ride since surgery Wednesday, not too far about 10 miles but I forgot how hard the hills were I used to ride. For some reason I thought I could just jump back in with both feet. LOL. I think my BP got too high my head and heart felt like they were going to explode. I rode again Thursday, on the trail instead of the road with the family. I had fun, not to painful on the shoulders. Next Thursday my doctor should allow me to remove my shoulder immobilizer :blushing: Then I will really have no excuse not to be posting here everyday.

18. Mon -Wed - Friday Lift weights
    Tues - Thursday - Sunday - run

Run between 30 min and 60 min on the roads then run steps (Thursday and Sunday) for 20 to 30 min.

Saturday I rest.

19. TimmyBoston

Just got home from a 24 mile ride.

20. The Nid Hog

The Nid Hog Moderator Emeritus

I ran intervals today and then hit the kettlebells to finish up my workout.