What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I bought 800!!!!! Polsilver Super Irridium's a couple of weeks ago

I'd been using Gillette Silver Blue's for quite a while but people were raving about the SI's so bought a sampler with them in. They just seem a superb fit with my razors and beard?

They were on offer and allegedly gone out of production so I took the chance to stock up. I've got a few friends and work colleagues into DE shaving now and do a fair bit of PIF on various non-shave forums so I imagine the love will be shared :D

Astra Superior Stainless. I was running low on my Astra SP and thought I would give the SS a try. So far so good, I would say the SS are comparable to the SP. A good economical blade.

I just bought my first two 100 packs. I'm new and trying to figure out what I like, but I currently have two definite favorites, and they are usually in the $20ish/100 range. Nacet, and Israeli Red Personnas, actually, the Personnas were the blue made in Israel Personna Platinum, but my understanding is that those are the Reds packaged for British or European sale. Well, both were on sale for $11.99 at Italian Barber, even if as I try more blades I decide I like others better I'm sure these will stay near the top of my list and the price was right.

My "latest" is also my "first" 100-pack. Astra SP, 'cause they were cheap cheap on the ol' Bay. And I like them.
I think my next two 100-packs are going to be quick to follow, as I also want some Nacets and Rapira Platinums, and it doesn't really make sense to buy in smaller qty.

My first 100 arrived yesterday. Feathers. I had tried 3 other brands which, to one degree or another reminded me of the implement pictured as my avatar, and had a small order of Feathers on the way. I knew I was new to this, so I tried to keep an open mind through blade-trials -- not fair to blame the blade makers for flaws in my technique.

I approached Feather shave #1 with caution, having read of Feathers' reputation for sneaking up on and nipping the inattentive. The actual experience of it was so superior to anything I had shaved with before (ever!), I knew I had found my blade! I shaved another couple weeks' worth just to confirm, then proceeded to order my 100.

I grabbed 200 GSB when it was rumored they were going away a couple years ago. If a BAD doesn't kick in, I should be good for a couple years. I also have the remains of 100 buys of Shark Chrome, Derby, Astra SP, Yellow & Black 7 O'Clocks, and a few odd tucks of this and that.

Last 100 that I bought where Voskhod. Am still new to wetshaving and has started to build up a bladebank. Haven't decided yet my daily blade but Gillette 7oc yellow is a candidate.

100 Feathers. I have tried as many different combinations as I could over the last year, but kept coming back to these...

100 Wilkinson Sword Classics. A buddy of mine really likes them, so I want to stay stocked up! Probably a lifetime supply for both of us unless he starts shaving more than two or three times a week.

Lord PC's - had 5 in a bundle and liked them so got 100 - been using them for last two weeks in a variety of razors and they work v well - I may well buy 500 for the stash!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom