What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

polsilvers super iridiums because they leave my face feeling fine and shave great! Plus I hear they are discontinued.

Gillette Wilkinson-Sword made in India, shot in the dark as 100 was only about 9 dollars shipped...i must say after one shave i am very impressed, my face was left with the smoothest shave i have had in awhile.

Feather Hi-Stainless. Because I'm really enjoying my Feather Popular with Feather blades – they work really well together and I'm getting four excellent BBS per blade completely free of nicks, weepers and razor burn. It's also the easiest razor I've used to buff AG.

200 Ladas are going to be delivered from Italian Barber on Friday.

I just ordered 200 German Wilkies on The Bay for $18 including shipping.

Why? Because I am becoming a blade hoarder, and I like both of those blades, that's why.

Gillette Wilkinson-Sword made in India, shot in the dark as 100 was only about 9 dollars shipped...i must say after one shave i am very impressed, my face was left with the smoothest shave i have had in awhile.
Agree with you about these blades. I just tossed one after 4 great shaves and 1 good shave(3 passes each).

200 Ladas are going to be delivered from Italian Barber on Friday.

I just ordered 200 German Wilkies on The Bay for $18 including shipping.

Why? Because I am becoming a blade hoarder, and I like both of those blades, that's why.

I wish I could find a deal like that. Are you sure they are not the ones from India? Currently using the one from India and the blade isn't too shabby. I do like the German made ones but just bought my other favorite the Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp 100 pack so I am good for a few years now. I just can't see hoarding blades at my age. Glad you found a great deal.

I recently got my first 100 pack. I almost got Feathers, then it was going to be GSBs, but I finally picked Astra SP. I decided on them because of the decent price/performance ratio.

100 Gillette Nacets because I tried a sample blade and was very impressed at how good they were. I would rate them with alongside Gillette Silver Blues.

Just took delivery today of approx. 400 Gillette Platinum Plus (vintage). It was an interesting week on eBay. Lots of large lots of vintage Spoilers, Wilkinson Bonded, Schick Platinum Plus injector blades, etc. Anyone from B&B pick up any of those lots?

I wish I could find a deal like that. Are you sure they are not the ones from India? Currently using the one from India and the blade isn't too shabby. I do like the German made ones but just bought my other favorite the Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp 100 pack so I am good for a few years now. I just can't see hoarding blades at my age. Glad you found a great deal.

The pic from the eBay seller showed the back of the packaging, which said "made in Germany," so if I can trust the pictures, I got a great deal.

Enjoy the Permasharps! I haven't tried they yet, but I hear good things about them.

Why ? --- Because for me and my face, in my Merkur 34C, they are the cat's meow !
IMG_0040.JPG

Gillette silver blue. Never used one but they are so frequently used as comparison to other blades I had to try them. And they were $12 shipped with 20% PayPal discount I had which was expiring soon.

I recently bought a few 100 packs of Gillettes: yellows, silver blues and greens. I may have gotten a little carried away because this past weekend I was in Wisconsin visiting family and at a grocery store found a wide selection of DE and SE blades and came home with probably 50 Gillette Silver Blues and 50 Wilkinson Swords.
I now probably have a 5 year supply of blades.

Top Bottom