whats your favorite beer?

currently it's Sierra Nevada Pale Ale,
past favorites in no particular order
Guinness
Heineken
Molson Golden Ale
Sam Adams
Budweiser

Not much of a drinker, buy I frequent Sam Adams Boston Lager. Every other lager I try, domestic or foreign, just doesn't measure up.

Actually, I do not like beer. However, the beer I dislike the least is London Pride. I almost drank half a pint of it once.

Possible all-time favorite: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

Possible all-time favorite: Gouden Carolus -- yow-wow that's good Belgian.

Likely local favorite: Sweetwater IPA.

Most obscure favorite: St. Georgenbräu, brewed in Buttenheim, Germany. In theory there's a US importer for this stuff, but they never answered me back.

My biggest criteria: cold and wet beer.

I'm not overly picky but I do have some preferences, when available.
Guinness
Bodington's

When I go cheap American I generally go Bud, not Miller.
If I go light, I go Miller never Bud. Sometimes Ultra

Anybody else have this funny taste?

For local beers, I was very pleased to try Shiner Black when it came out, and it displaced my previous favourite: Shiner Bock.

Internationally... Wow, so many! I'll top the list with Asahi Kuronama, followed by Guinness (on tap, never bottled or god forbid canned), and Xingu from Brazil. Then there's the line of Chimays... and Harp... Bass... Boddingtons... Paulaner Salvatore... the list goes on ond on and on :)

Dislike most stereotyipcal American beers, but absolutely can't stand IPAs.

Just because someone needs to be difficult :tongue: :

I don't care at all for beer. Give me a cold glass of vodka mixed with tonic water and lime.

Guinness in the winter
PBR in the non-winter months.
Currently grooving on Peak Organic's line of beers and just stocked up for turkey day. Locally brewed here in Portland.

I really, really enjoy Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale, because, well, I'm a bit of an arrogant bastard sometimes. I drink that at a local place called Ashley's that's got over 60 taps.

Delicious in bottles is Mad Hatter's #9... I have 4 of a six-pack of that in my fridge, and two empty bottles. First had that in Traverse City, at the Bowery.

My favorite is
proxy.php

brewed in Missoula Montana

Stella Artois, imported from Belgium. The locally made stuff is not the same. Best most refreshing beer I have tried.

- Aaron

1.Odell IPA - best IPA I've had

2. Zommerfest - August Schell - a much better alternative to Honeyweiss

3. Newcastle - favorite import

4. Moose Drool Brown Ale - Big Sky Brewery - many restaurants have this in my neck of the woods and it goes well with pizza or ribs.

but i can't afford to be too picky and I will drink just about anything.

If I have to go cheap, I have no problems with Grain Belt Premium or Coors Original (my favorite mass produced beer).

Fixed that for you! :001_smile

Thanks for the edit Soapbox, but I'll add- on a hot summer day, when I'm at my favorite Portland eating establishment (Norm's), when I'm at a show, when I'm home watching my beloved 'Canes on TV, etc. etc. etc. I admittedly sing the praises of Pabst Blue Ribbon loudly and proudly. I live in a city that is one of the highest purveyors of America's best beer (in 1883) in the country. I prefer it out of the bottle, but sometimes a "pounder" will just have to suffice. Between the PBR and the DE shaving, I'm just living life like my grandfathers.

Top Bottom