What's new

whats your favorite beer?

Hmmm -

hometown (Toronto) brew would be Upper Canada Lager.
local (Boston) would be Sam Adams Boston Lager.
Typical go-to's would include Newcastle, Bass or Rickard's Red.

I'm not too particular -- anything with a bit of body (but lighter than Guinness) & not too hoppy.

- Richard

I agree with TwelveBravo.
I'm a bit of a cheap-beer man, my go-to beers are Country Club and occasionally Mickeys, the little bottles are just like alcoholic fruit. I think my favourite beer ever is probably Orion, from Okinawa, and really my tastes follow the Japanese tastes generally; I like beer as a crisp cool refreshing drink, not a dark morass.

Wellington County Best Better (Guelph, Ontario)
Belhaven Ale and Belhaven Wee Heavy (Dunbar, Scotland)
Creemore Springs (for a "conventional" lager -- Creemore Springs, Ontario)

Out of the hundreds (maybe thousands) that I've had the pleasure of trying, there are a few that truly stand out.

1) BFM Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien. Simply the most complex interesting beer in the world. It is pricey and hard to find, but if you see a bottle, buy it.

2) Gouden Carolus Grand Cru of the Emporer (original blue label) Fantastic beer, and even better when ~4 years old.

3) New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. I'm not much of a fruit beer fan, but this beer was on a whole different level.

4) Avery Maharaja. IMHO one of the best IIPA's out there.

I could go on and on, but those are the top four in recent memory. As much as I love numbers 2, 3, and 4, the Bon Chien is truly the most delicious liquid that I have ever consumed. It is truly worth seeking and and tracking down a bottle for any serious beer fan.

There are a alot I think currently I am going to go with domestic: Session and import I will go with Abt 12

M

modern man

proxy.php

Bath Ales. All of them :w00t:
Guinness.

:smile:Magnus

Any Swedes out there..... Bath Ales can at last be found at Systembolaget :tongue_sm:lol::tongue_sm

I'll take a Guiness any day...

I also drink Corona as a cheaper alternative

And occasionally I'll enjoy a Saranac Pomegranate Wheat :biggrin::biggrin:

Another tips for the Swedes - Was in Boston last year and had the Samuel Adams Octoberfest, which can be found at the systembolaget during october, only a year until next batch comes in...

Top Bottom