What's new

What's the general opinion about Maggard razors, and handles?

I've got their $19 slant head. I like it and would recommend it.

Looks like the pricing on their stainless handles would be tough to beat.

I bought the MR20 handle and V3 closed comb as a back-up to my EJ DE87 which I'm told will self destruct over time (even though I used it regularly for 5 years and still drive it on occasion). Really can't tell the difference between the Maggard V3 head and the EJ. I use it as a travel razor and every now and then give it a go for a week or so. No alignment issues. Nice heft to the handle and a reliable, smooth shaver. Great customer service.

I may try their OC head as I'm a Fatip fan since I got my Grande.

I've been using Maggard Razors for a while now. They are the only shaving company that I will buy from, honestly. Excellent customer service and excellent products that they stand behind.

I have their MR5, MR8, and MR14 handles, and I would happily buy them again, along with the heads. I own all of them, except for the v1 closed comb and the new slant head, which I would love to pick up.

I've been using Maggard Razors for a while now. They are the only shaving company that I will buy from, honestly...

I'm almost there myself. Maggard has the 'old school shaving' online retail game on lock. Fastest and most reasonable shipping rates around. I've been collecting their handles and heads for a while now. Excellent gear!

I highly recommend Maggard Razor's Razors. (Is that the correct way to say it?)
Even if you are not a beginner!
I do not shave solely with Maggard Razors brand equipment as I have other razors and I love my vintage Gillettes!

That being said:
Between me and my wife, we have have the popular MR5 SS handle, the MR9 SS handle, the MR 18c SS handle (the Titanium Anodized version), and their new MR14 aluminum handle.
We also have their V1, V2, V3, V3A Closed Comb heads, and the V1 Open Comb head. Sadly I don't have the V2 Open Comb or their Slant...yet.

They do have some blade play but I don't even think about it any more as it is super easy to adjust.

If you watch closely you can get almost any handle, or head, you want in their scratch and dent clearance section for an even cheaper price then their already cheap price. They don't sell any thing that won't give a great shave in there, they only get put there if they have cosmetic issues . (I haven't even found those "issues" on some items I have purchased from that section!)

I recommend to my friends a MR5 handle with their V3A head as it almost a daily driver for me. The V3A does have a different color then their other heads and while I like the two tone look, if you really need the colors to match get the V3 Head, it only slightly less aggressive in my opinion.

Great company with fantastic customer service!

Last edited:
The first maggard I got I picked up the v3a without realizing it..not until I bought the grey handled aluminum job with the v3 did I realize I had been using an aggressive head for 6 months. Pretty much explains why I never had any gripes about derby or Dorcos not being sharp. I use the aluminum razor for travel and can fly with that as opposed to taking a little more time with the v3a. I will also agree that you need to center the blades up and there is alignment issues.

I buy from Maggard's and they are awesome!!! Great customer service and fast shipping! Other than the razors, I really like the ability to buy samples of the shaving soaps and after shaves. :shaving:

Ever since I bought the 24mm Maggard Synthetic, I've not been impressed with shaving brushes in general. Is the 24mm Maggard Synthetic the best shave brush ever made? I'm not exaggerating. It's a perfect brush and nothing else tickles my fancy.

Ever since I bought the 24mm Maggard Synthetic, I've not been impressed with shaving brushes in general. Is the 24mm Maggard Synthetic the best shave brush ever made? I'm not exaggerating. It's a perfect brush and nothing else tickles my fancy.
I will agree it's a great brush. I do use an omega pro 10049 occasionally but the maggard 24mm is my go to.

Top Bottom