What's new

What's the best menthol shaving cream/soap

I wasn't sure which Forum to put this in (creams/soaps) so i put it in this one. I have Proraso shaving Cream and the soap version. IMO i like the cream better because i think it feels a tad bit cooler on my skin YMMV. I was wondering what You all thought the best menthol shaving item is? I have Ray's Gentleman's Best Signature Series shaving soap and it is one of my favorite soaps. I would like to get "Chilled" when i get the extra scratch, how is that compared to Proraso?.

If you can get a hold of some, Morison's Cool Citrus is great. It actually isn't menthol, but aloe vera. It feels like applying some of that aloe vera gel in terms of coolness, which is just the perfect amount. Godrej is good, but the feeling is a little abrupt or harsh, where Morison's is a little more mild and soothing, in my opinion.

You might hear mentioned Ingrams, or SCS Blue Line as well.

Last edited:
I find Mama Bear's Mandarin Ice to be quite icy. More so than my tube of Proraso or even her Lime Ice. But those two are the only mentholated soap/creams I have used.

If you ask me what is the best menthol soap available locally, in drugstores, i would say Proraso.
But Godrej menthol mist is pretty good also.

Lots of good choices. You might want to consider following the shave with a mentholated aftershave splash or balm to extend the cooling effect.

Not only is Proraso (I have a tube of Omega) a great mentholated cream, it's also my best-performing cream/soap. I think you've already found your target!

I found Godrej menthol mist to be very cooling and refreshing; far more than Proraso/Omega. It actually performs really well too. Hard to beat for just a couple of bucks!

Last edited:
Best bang for the buck menthol would go to Omega branded Proraso. It's can be found in the $5 to $7 range for a 150ml tube. Throw in a huge bottle of Osage Rub for another $5 and you'll be in arctic paradise.

So for an european like myself, where can I get ahold of Proraso and this Godrej ?. Godrej sounds very russian in my ears :)

edit: I just ordered both of them from ebay, need to test em :)

Last edited:
So for an european like myself, where can I get ahold of Proraso and this Godrej ?. Godrej sounds very russian in my ears :)

edit: I just ordered both of them from ebay, need to test em :)

Godrej is Indian. I bought mine online for just a few dollars. I agree with the others that it's very nice, but I kind of hate the scent. Proraso is great also.

You can purchase Godrej Menthol from shaveabuck.com ... I purchased from them and within 1.5 weeks I had my package delivered from the US.

MB Awakenings - decent not enough kick for me
C.O. Bigelow - can be bought locally
TSD Iced Subzero - Perfect, get some extra menthol thrown in and you will be freezing in no time.

Mytimebathandbody menthol at 10 strenght is extremely good,main ingredient is aloe and I get a very good shave with it.

+1 on the MTBB. That with some Osage Rub makes for a "freeze your face" experience.

For scent and performance, I like Mama Bear's Mandarin Ice and Awakenings.

Proraso is a great performer, especially for the price.

Top Bottom