What's Cooking 2017

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
This..

20170218_180541.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Yum.

I finally have enough frozen leftover chicken bits to make some stock. We have chicken frequently but mostly boneless cuts. Have it simmering on the stove right now. Dang staff at Canadian Tire had no idea what cheesecloth is. Used to be in the automotive section for polishing the wax on your car. Now only in the paint section. (helps with straining)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My wife asked me to make a batch of chili. Keeping it a bit on the mild side. Last batch I added a couple of shakes of Dave's ultimate . . I liked it but pretty much ended up eating the batch solo.

Happy kitchen right now. Listening to Norah Jones. Skimming the chicken stock and checking on the chili. House smells like a home.

Happy Kitchen 2017.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My wife asked me to make a batch of chili. Keeping it a bit on the mild side. Last batch I added a couple of shakes of Dave's ultimate . . I liked it but pretty much ended up eating the batch solo.

Happy kitchen right now. Listening to Norah Jones. Skimming the chicken stock and checking on the chili. House smells like a home.

View attachment 762640

Mike, we have a righteous chili thread I'm sure you are aware of. No need to reinvent the wheel. It's mild hot wise but has that bold beef flavor we all like in chili. Give it a try next time.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Herb & Parmesan Crusted Salmon and Asparagus topped with a Piccata Sauce.
Served with Brown & Wild Rice and a Side Salad.
IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
That looks wonderful Connie.

I admit in advance to being a thief:
It turns out I have brown and wild rice left over from chicken curry we had last night. I also have mini cukes, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, capers, lemons, and a whole mess of chicken stock. I also have some slightly smaller salmon bits in the freezer.

My brother in law is coming over for lunch tomorrow. Time to pull the cover off the BBQ.:a14:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
It really was a great sauce to go with both the salmon and the asparagus. :001_smile

Are you guys getting some of this warm weather? It got up to 63F here today in Mid. Michigan.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
IMG_3284.JPG
Pasta with olive oil, garlic, and vegetables. While the water was heating, I heated up about a half cup of olive oil and added Brussels sprouts, zucchini, yellow squash, and red, yellow, and orange sweet peppers. I added 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic near the end so it didn't burn. I drained the pasta, put it back in the pan, the strained the vegetables over the pasta. It was bit too much oil, so I strained the pasta again. Put the pasta on the plate, and topped with veggies and asiago cheese. Here is my inadequate picture.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
View attachment 762892 Pasta with olive oil, garlic, and vegetables. While the water was heating, I heated up about a half cup of olive oil and added Brussels sprouts, zucchini, yellow squash, and red, yellow, and orange sweet peppers. I added 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic near the end so it didn't burn. I drained the pasta, put it back in the pan, the strained the vegetables over the pasta. It was bit too much oil, so I strained the pasta again. Put the pasta on the plate, and topped with veggies and asiago cheese. Here is my inadequate picture.

Forwarded recipe to Mrs. Ouch.

Great looking collection of meals here Mike, Connie and Owen!

Found a recipe for Chicken Cassoulet that would take care of a bunch of odd bits and pieces of things i found in the fridge and cupboard. Had a bag of navy beans, chunk of rutabaga, half a fennel bulb, celery, potatoes, carrots, fresh thyme and rosemary. Pretty much all i needed to get was a bag of chicken thighs.

Chunky bread crumb crust...

dave

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Wow, thanks. Prosciutto would have been a good addition. I thought I had some, but was mistaken. Regardless, it was good.

Great idea, but my vegetarian would skip the prosciutto. Call her Princess Primavera. (Trying to get by in a world without custom titles.)

I hope she likes it, otherwise I'd suggest leaving Fort Worth for a few weeks. She tracked down my long lost mother with less information. (True story.)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great idea, but my vegetarian would skip the prosciutto. Call her Princess Primavera. (Trying to get by in a world without custom titles.)

I hope she likes it, otherwise I'd suggest leaving Fort Worth for a few weeks. She tracked down my long lost mother with less information. (True story.)
If she likes vegetables, I think she will like it. I cut the Brussels sprouts and added them to the pan. I seeded and cut up 5 sweet peppers and added them. Then cut up the zucchini and squash and added them. Just like that. If I do it again I will give the sprouts a few minutes more cook time before adding them peppers. They were cooked, but firm. A few minutes more would have been perfect.

It has been years (at least 20?) since I have had a baloney sandwich, but I keep seeing it at the grocery store. I wonder - did I even like baloney sandwiches - ever?
So I bought some thick-sliced, and I'm going to try one for a midnight snack.
Right now.
If it goes well, I might just have to try some fried. :eek:

Later - It was okay, on toasted whole wheat bread with a thin slice of medium cheddar, mayo, and mustard.
It made me think of picnics by the lake, which is A Good Thing.

It has been years (at least 20?) since I have had a baloney sandwich, but I keep seeing it at the grocery store. I wonder - did I even like baloney sandwiches - ever?
So I bought some thick-sliced, and I'm going to try one for a midnight snack.
Right now.
If it goes well, I might just have to try some fried. :eek:

Later - It was okay, on toasted whole wheat bread with a thin slice of medium cheddar, mayo, and mustard.
It made me think of picnics by the lake, which is A Good Thing.

I did something similar a few weeks ago. We had a house guest for a couple days that likes baloney, and left a few slices in the fridge, so for nostalgia I fried them up and had a bit of a revisit to my youth. Not bad, but not as good as my memory of them was.

Top Bottom