What's new

Whatcha riding, bicycle-wise?

Here's my road ride. Custom Kent Eriksen built by the man himself.
  • DT Swiss 1450RR wheelset
  • Campy Chorus 10 speed grupo
  • Easton EA 90 Wing bar
  • Time carbon pedals
  • Thompson stem
  • Chris King headset

My mountain bike is a Titus Moto-lite with DT Swiss wheelset, SRAM components and a Fox Talas fork.

A neighbor just bought a Kuota Kaliber. If there's such a thing as bike envy, I've got it--my road bike is too new to justify replacing it.

Trek 7.5
It's a fun bike to ride. I have been having problems with some joint pain and decided to give cycling a go. I have been pretty happy with it.

Cannondale CAAD9 5 (2009)... absolutely love it!

proxy.php

A neighbor just bought a Kuota Kaliber. If there's such a thing as bike envy, I've got it--my road bike is too new to justify replacing it.

Kuota has been such a great frame all around. The KOM is probably not the best to road race but the top tube geometry is nice when climbing. Too bad ever since I left CA I haven't climbed anything here in AZ. No one told me there are only mole hills to climb.:lol:

too bad ever since I left CA I haven't climbed anything here in AZ. No one told me there are only mole hills to climb.

I live in MN, so you're preaching to the choir about the lack of things to climb. It does give me an idea for a new thread, though--dumbest athletic even you entered.

Bumping an old post.
Over Christmas I kind oflived on my local Freecylce group.
Someone who clearly has more $ than they need, listed this:

It's a Trek 7300 hybrid mtb.
I've been riding it 4.6km (2.8 mi) each way home to station / return every day this year. I'm looking to extend that by riding to stations a bit further away until I get fitter and work out what station is a sensible riding time from home (30 min or so) - once I can actually ride that far without ending up dead!

edit:
someone want to tell me how to shrink that down to 600 px?

My 2001 Giant Sedona, which is still hanging in there...framewise, at least. The rest of the bike has largely been replaced, bit by bit!

I ride one of two bikes for training.
Well, I used to race so it used to be training, lol. Now its just for fun. I stopped racing 8 years ago. Just got back on the bike last year.

Fixed gear:
Ephgrave, a small English fabricator from the 70's.
Old Campy stuff.
proxy.php

I couldnt resist when I saw the lug work.
proxy.php

Road bike, which used to be my dedicated road racing bike.
Easton aluminum custom made by local fabricator. Has Easton decals from when I repainted it to match the team bikes.
Shimano DuraAce
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My younger son rocks a woody.
(Like-a-Bike)
proxy.php

The kind of bikes grown men here in Japan ride are the type that would get you beat up in North America. I am at work so I can't post a pic but let's just say that mine has is baby blue, has a basket and a bell and is called 'Fromage'. My old bike was called 'Milky Carrots'. And I'm not even kidding.

(I'm sure nikkuchan or slaglerock can confirm this ridiculousness)

Funny thing is, they're comfortable as hell and carry a good load. I wouldn't trade mine for anything now...well except maybe for that new 'Frosty Life' model I saw down at the shop yesterday...ooooweee she was sweet! (complete with tassles on the handgrips!) :biggrin:

Believe him, people; I rode a red "Whale Land" before I got my Giant...had a rubber drive belt and everything.

Top Bottom