What's new

What Tea/Tisane Are You Drinking?

Just had a nice cup of PG Tips, and I will confess to dunking a few McVities Rich Tea biscuits in the cup!

Today the leaves of a beautiful green from the Zhejaing province of China produced a liquid that was like angels dancing on my tongue. Yesterday (a work day) a solid black from the UVA Highlands of Sri Lanka, which is more like the vigorous stamping of elk or caribou, ready to challenge the world of suit-wearing grande macho latte pumpkin spice neaderthals. The day before that a lovely red-black Keemun from China, which made it a thoughtful day of writing letters and talking firmly but kindly to honest people. I admit I am a terrible snob about tea (can you tell?). Because you can get 200- 220 cups per pound of good leaves, it is okay to pay $100 or more for a pound of something very lovely, like Jin Hou (Golden Monkey) which I recently got from Murchies in Vancouver BC (Canada).

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Today the leaves of a beautiful green from the Zhejaing province of China produced a liquid that was like angels dancing on my tongue. Yesterday (a work day) a solid black from the UVA Highlands of Sri Lanka, which is more like the vigorous stamping of elk or caribou, ready to challenge the world of suit-wearing grande macho latte pumpkin spice neaderthals. The day before that a lovely red-black Keemun from China, which made it a thoughtful day of writing letters and talking firmly but kindly to honest people. I admit I am a terrible snob about tea (can you tell?). Because you can get 200- 220 cups per pound of good leaves, it is okay to pay $100 or more for a pound of something very lovely, like Jin Hou (Golden Monkey) which I recently got from Murchies in Vancouver BC (Canada).

What type of green? Liu An Gua Pian? Bi Lo Chun? Huang Shan Mao Fung? Long Jing? An Ji Bai Pian? Lu Shan Yun Wu? Tai Ping Hou Kui? Don't leave us hanging.

What type of green? Liu An Gua Pian? Bi Lo Chun? Huang Shan Mao Fung? Long Jing? An Ji Bai Pian? Lu Shan Yun Wu? Tai Ping Hou Kui? Don't leave us hanging.

Mao Feng. Which is probably the same as Mao Fung. Which gets me thinking all about Mao Tse Tung the Bad Man Communist. Maybe I am drinking steeped communism? Well Fidel me! As reassurance against that I offer this: The "Bite The Wax Tadpole" Party.

$commiepartei.png

2016 Assam Mokalbari Estate TGFBOP Spl I need to experiment with steep and water temp for this tea but, so far, I'm underwhelmed - lacks punch and vividness.

Mao Feng is a grading descriptor - I believe it means "downy tip"

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Harney & Sons Chocolate Mint Black Tea.

Flavored tea really isn't my thing, but this stuff is something special.

Top Bottom