What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

I won this lot today for my wife. A blue Starburst, a champagne Starburst, and a Ball-end tech. The Starburst are for my wife and the tech is for someone else.
They're going to need some cleaning!
tmp_18778-$_3.JPG(13)739547710.jpg

A build your own 7 blade sample: German Wilkinson swords, voshkod, Lord stainless, Astra stainless, Gillette silver blues, Gillette 7 o'clock stainless, and rapira platinum

I bought some Proraso red soap (I want to try the softer Italian croaps). I almost bought a 100pk of Shark SC blades. I really like those blades and I saw them cheaper than usual, but I dropped them from my cart last minute since I'm still working through different blades to narrow it down to 1-3 brands that I want to buy in bulk for now (I don't want to end up with many 100pks like so many people do - I only have 1 face and I can only go through so many blades in a reasonable time period).

bought disposable shavette and pack of MEM Platinum DE blades. First time I used this blades, shave was terrible, but apparently that were counterfeits, and I was unlucky and unfortunetly I stumbled on those. Original have double wrapping and have stamped name on the blade. Inner wrapping is the same as Astra SP's. Very good looking package, I do not know what is with us in eastern europe but serbs (actually this factory was for whole yugoslavia before the break-up) also use terrible amounts of wax. I did not use the blade I just wanted to see how it's wrapped, I could not believe how much wax they have used.

Attachments

• 16933955_10208739486028267_71668440_n.jpg
    16933955_10208739486028267_71668440_n.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 16901704_10208739485948265_1503346897_n.jpg
    16901704_10208739485948265_1503346897_n.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 19
Thanks, I am still waiting for the mail. It should be here tomorrow. A bit of a stretch for my budget but...

Don't worry. You will absolutely love it and 30 yrs from now it will look and feel the same. It is insanely sturdy, built like a tank. Yes, it is very expensive, but it is definitely worth it.

Enjoy - Let us know your first impressions when you have tried it out!

Just bought a Semogue 830.. now the agonising wait for it to be delivered from the U.K. Seemed to be out of stock at all the Australian shaving supplies stores.

An iKon Shavecraft 101 head.

I already have one, and it is one of my favorite razor heads. Mine is starting to have problems with the threads, and I'm not mechanically inclined, so when I found a new one that was reasonably priced, I pounced on it.

@witeq: May I ask where you got those custom razor stands, they look nice, what material are they? - Thanks.
Those custom razor stands manufactures and sells my friend from the Polish shaving forum.The material is technical material, something like plastic.He also produces stainless steel razor stands.:001_smile

s-l1600-31.jpg

s-l1600-32.jpg

Pick up a Durham Duplex that is down to brass. Which is great because its for a Gillette OC New head.
Also got a 1932 Canadian Gillette Tech (post war) oblong slots.
Lastly I picked up three Maggard's 22mm black synthetic knots.

Don't worry. You will absolutely love it and 30 yrs from now it will look and feel the same. It is insanely sturdy, built like a tank. Yes, it is very expensive, but it is definitely worth it.

Enjoy - Let us know your first impressions when you have tried it out!
Absolutely LOVE it! I Like the weight, and handle length. I had a spectacular shave. The stand was supposed to come with a little stick on slip bottom, mine did not.

I just placed a couple orders for the following:

Shaving bowl: Stainless steel double layer with lid (for travel)
Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife soap puck
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap puck
Stirling Shave Company soap samples:
Lime
Barbershop
Executive Man
Mountain Man (I just couldn't resist)

So far I've only tried using shaving soap twice. Once with Razorock Santal Royale and once with Colonel Conk Almond. Neither one was notable and neither one held a candle to the creams I've used. Therefore I felt the need to get a bunch of soaps that are generally considered well thought of by the esteemed members of this site. I can't wait until they get here. I'm such a little kid.

Just placed an order with Stirling and got some Coniferous A/S balm, an unscented balm, and a sample of the Scot Pine Sheep soap.
Crazy thing is I told my wife I wanted to try the Coniferous and she told me to buy some other things while I was making the order. Might be dangerous if she is going to support my habit like that.

Top Bottom