What's new

what razor is the mildest

which Gillette adjustable, the silver or the black handle one

Black is a tad milder. The black handle super adjustable (black beauty) is the mildest razor I have ever used (when set all the way down to the lowest setting)

proxy.php

Black is a tad milder. The black handle super adjustable (black beauty) is the mildest razor I have ever used (when set all the way down to the lowest setting).

The super adjustable, though it can certainly go mild, is also a fabulous shaver at more aggressive settings. I get great shaves from it (check that, -=outstanding shaves=-) on settings 5-7.
-- Chet

I shaved exclusively for the past 45 years with a super adjustable (the one in the previous pic). Never looked for anything else in all that time. It is an exceptional razor and if you get one you will enjoy it for a long time to come.

I started out using it on 3 and 1 (3 for the first pass and 1 for the other passes.. hey I was a kid... what can I say). Lately I use it on 4-5.

Just remember to loosen the TTO doors before changing the adjustment setting.

If you need or want to change the adjustment while shaving, loosen the doors, make your setting change, then tighten the doors back on the blade.

I shaved exclusively for the past 45 years with a super adjustable (the one in the previous pic). Never looked for anything else in all that time. It is an exceptional razor and if you get one you will enjoy it for a long time to come.

I started out using it on 3 and 1 (3 for the first pass and 1 for the other passes.. hey I was a kid... what can I say). Lately I use it on 4-5.

Just remember to loosen the TTO doors before changing the adjustment setting.

If you need or want to change the adjustment while shaving, loosen the doors, make your setting change, then tighten the doors back on the blade.

Hey turtle, is that true for the Slim too, or just the Super?

I would say a Black Tip Superspeed - I find it significantly milder then the Tech / Krona / 40' SS that others have listed...

Yeah, I'm going to say go for the adjustable too. I have a '30s tech that's super mild, and an EJ that is as well, but the tech is just as mild on 1, and has OPTIONS.. we like options.

Hey turtle, is that true for the Slim too, or just the Super?

Unlock the TTO doors on ALL Gillette adjustable razors before you make changes to the adjustment setting. You will find that the adjustments are easier to make and more reliable if you do not have the blade locked in place when you are trying to change the blade exposure on the razor.

Unlock the TTO doors on ALL Gillette adjustable razors before you make changes to the adjustment setting. You will find that the adjustments are easier to make and more reliable if you do not have the blade locked in place when you are trying to change the blade exposure on the razor.

Thanks buddy, I didn't know that!

Feather AS-D1 stainless steel with feather blade is mildest. Merker progress (or Mergress) on 1 is pretty mild too.

I'm a noob w/ sensitive skin, have been using a Merkur 23C & am waiting on a just purchased 40's Fatboy Tech ( @ABTT, are they a respectable outfit?). I'm hoping this is a mild razor, as posts seem to indicate.....

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experience!

Top Bottom