What's new

What razor blade did you use today? How many days?

Tried a bic chrome platinum for the first pass today, a little too rough for me. I switched to a nacet platinum after that. Really enjoyed it, i had tried a nacet stainless a few weeks back and didn't like it too much. The platinum was smooth and irritation free, I think I will stick with it the next few days and see how it goes

Feather (1).... Great first shave on the new blade, looking forward to (2), (3) and (4). Took a break from the new straight I have been playing around with, don't think I can give up my DE!

7 o'clock Sharpedge (yellow), 1st shave. Usually get 3-4 shaves using 1-2 times a week. In a Schick Krona razor, this is one combo that I can use to finish up what I have left of these blades, about 8 or 9. Capable of fine results, these blades are not as smooth as other blades in my stash, nor as cheap. With that and the wax spots, will not be buying more.

Israeli Personna Red - shave #3

proxy.php

Rapira Super Stainless (10)
Was still going strong... in a Fat Boy dialed to 3.5, but I think I'll get a new blade in service tomorrow

Supermax Blue Diamond (Titanium coated), 4th shave today. Did a experiment with one of those earlier and it gave smooth shaves atleast in 5 days. 6th shave was noticable worse. But only a little bit. I could probably get 1-2 more days decent shaves with one of these if i had to.

A vintage Smith New DE blade, off stage after only one encore. This oldie did better in the NEW De Luxe tonight than it did in the '30s Aristocrat yesterday, but I like to go close on Thursday night and it left a bit of irritation. Will skip Friday night and try something new on Saturday.

Dorco ST-301, 1st shave. These blades don't quite make it to three shaves for me, so it'll get tossed after the next shave.

Top Bottom