What's new

What razor blade did you use today? How many days?

Today I used a vintage Schick Deluxe with Krona Edge, a coated carbon-steel DE blade that was probably a competitor to the Gillette Super Blue blade.

It started out nicely, a little first-pass tugging (typical of old carbons) but cutting well on my heavy stubble. Great second pass, but I could feel it losing its legs toward the end. Lots of buffing in pass 3 since the sharpness was pretty much gone. A good job overall, but it's in the bin after one outing. I only had one blade in the dispenser, so I'll never know if it was just a fluke.

Finally got my 6th shave in with the Red Personna blade. Dang, that blade felt like it could go for 6 more, but it's hard for me to keep shaving with the same blade and razor for more than a week, given the number of blades I have in inventory. Last shave felt as good as the first -- smooth, smooth, smooth, and sharp as heck. Great blades!

Today I used a Gillette 7 O'clock blue for the seventh time in an Aristocrat. It was a great shave but I am not sure I will use it tomorrow.

Regards,

Doug

GEM stainless steel PTFE coated single edge

day 12

proxy.php

Astra SPP, second day; two to three more shaves in this blade; but I'll take it out after shave four to keep my shaves as smooth as possible. Getting six shaves out of an Astra is doable.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
2 shaves / days with a Shark SC (my one & only 'go-to' blade), for me and then into the blade bank.
proxy.php

attachment.php
“A razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown

'67 Gillette Super Blue blade, gone after shave #3 this evening. Good results, but flagged for discard by the slight discomfort of the ATG 3rd pass on the upper lip.

Top Bottom