What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Is this a gift to yourself for running such a successful Bingo game!?

:thumbup:

haha Something like that. :001_smile I actually placed the order early this morning, before bingo ended, but it would have been too annoying to try to post it here without using "Pilot," "ink," "notebook," and the brands of inks and notebooks if I wanted to be specific.

haha Something like that. :001_smile I actually placed the order early this morning, before bingo ended, but it would have been too annoying to try to post it here without using "Pilot," "ink," "notebook," and the brands of inks and notebooks if I wanted to be specific.

Dang it! Those were the words I needed!!!

:lol:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pelikan P205, the cartridge model.

I bid on one of those martemodena auctions with the $39.90 shipping, never figured I'd win the bidding at $5!

They're losing money on some of those.

Jinhao 159 in 'gold trim'. It was $5AUD and since it will be a while before I can afford the Meisterstück 149 it is based off I thought 'why not!'

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Well, not a pen but another zippered case. Seller claims it's from the 1940's but I have my doubts.

$red Pelikan case.jpg

Legion

Staff member
Not a pen, but a STAEDTLER Mars® technico 780C 2 mm HB mechanical leadholder

I'm thinking a pencil might be better left in my bag as an EDC? I find that so many times pens, after being left untouched for weeks or months, often dont want to work when I finally need them. Not much to go wrong with a mechanical pencil, as long as I leave the lead retracted inside.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
.... I find that so many times pens, after being left untouched for weeks or months, often dont want to work when I finally need them.

Not doing a whole bunch of writing there, bud!

A pencil sounds like a logical choice, I do truly love a good pencil.

Legion

Staff member
Not doing a whole bunch of writing there, bud!

A pencil sounds like a logical choice, I do truly love a good pencil.

I do a bit, but my EDC pen only gets used occasionally. I have my go-to pens at home and at work. To be honest, most of the note taking that gets done when I am out and about gets done on my phone. I do still carry a notebook in my bag though.

I'm waiting on a couple of pens to get back. A Shaeffer PFM Mark I and a Parker 51 Special that was sent to Danny Fudge to get restored. They were mailed a week ago, so I'm anxiously waiting on them to get back so I can write with them.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Not a pen, but I spent some time this weekend going through some ink samples that I hadn't tried yet. Because of that, I'm now waiting on 7 bottles of ink and a few pen and desk accessories. :biggrin1:

Parker 51 Aerometric, Black and Gold, should be here by the week's end. Hope to land a green Aero 51 soon, my favorite color! Fingers crossed.

A brown Pilot Prera with a medium nib from Jet Pens (good prices on the Prera). Should be here Friday or Saturday.

Just bought a Jinhao x750 in shiny black from China on ebay...
I hope it comes with a *working* converter - the one that came with a x450 last year never worked.
Oh well, for less than 3$ shipped I can live with a dead converter.

br,
ToM

I'm waiting for Santa to bring me the Sailor Professional Gear Imperial Black Fountain Pen with medium nib
proxy.php

I haven't made a big pen purchase since June 2013, until now. I have a Black Pelikan M605 incoming from Massdrop. At $239 I couldn't pass it up, especially considering the crazy inflation on premium FPs the past 4-5 years!

Top Bottom