What's new

What is your underarm deodorant of choice?

Disagreed, tried this suggestion based on reading on its deodorizing properties on this forum and was pretty unimpressed. Works a little but it does nothing to eliminate odors I've found. Would definitely not depend on only alum on a day where I'd be sweating a lot

duckdown, are you using shaving alum or deodorant alum? The alum I use for shaving is Potassium Alum. My deodorant is Ammonium Alum, plus some unspecified mineral salts. I don't know if it makes a difference b/c I've never tried to use my shaving block as deodorant, but I was never able to get good antiperspirant or deodorant protection until I started using the Crystal. I wet the stick before using, make sure I get good coverage all over one pit, rinse well, repeat on the other pit, rinse again, and I'm good to go.

Before, I used commercial deodorants. These did not work well as I could sometime smell myself even in the morning, and they left yellow stains on my clothes (apparently because of the aluminium they contain).

Then I discovered a recipe for a homemade deodorant, containing starch, baking soda and coconut oil. This works perfectly. No odor at all even at the end of the day and no stains. Note that I also exclusively use Aleppo soap to clean my skin, which might also have some effect on the body odor suppression.

Am I the only one who rarely uses deodorant? Don't havea BO problem as far as I can tell. I do have a Nancy Boy Deoderant spray that I got for free in case of emergency but seeing the length of the topic has taken be back about my approach.

A friend recently put me on to this. Like me, he was annoyed with the staining of shirts but he says this has solved the issue despite containing aluminium chlorohydrate.
It definitely works great as an anti-p/deo. Hopefully it does the same trick for me with the underarm staining
proxy.php

Calvin Klein CK1 deodorant is nice, ran out of it a while ago though. Using Speick Natural deo stick right now and it goes nicely with Speick ASL.

I like to use the Arm and Hammer sport scent. It is the only one that i have found of the store brands that will keep me dry whether its an easy or hard day! I can also find it at a number of places including small local pharmacies and grocery stores.

Degree and Sure are the only two that seem to work for me. I once used a Gillette one that gave me such a bad rash that I couldn't lower my arms for like a week.

Top Bottom