What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

That's a 14 teeth Deluxe version. I have two British Deluxe razors (a 3 piece seen here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/461151-Me-new-razor and a 2-piece) Both are silver plated and both are 13 teeth count head. Don't know when Gillette changed that but the 14 teeth version seems the earlier one - a transition from NI to NEW head design. Edgar would know, I guess... Edgar?! :laugh:

The rounded teeth model Deluxe is indeed a transitional version. As far as I know, they were only made in England. And, yes, they are very hard to find.
I have never shaved with one, but I can't imagine they are much different than the standard Deluxe.

I shaved with one of my RFB NEWs (yes, I've got more than one...) for the last five days... outstanding and smooooth shaves...a Feather in, btw.

But today I gave my NEW De Luxe (Belmont set) another opportunity. And it means with another blade (the old story), as I had used it with Feather or PSI and found it a bit... harsh.

The new blade was an Astra green and obviously it changed the whole shave. The razor is "aggressive" but not harsh now. I'm glad... my Criterion and Big Boy De Luxe are waiting...:001_cool:

proxy.php

But still... I think a RFB is my favourite NEW... at least for now...:thumbup:

Wow, great NEW Deluxe!
Where do you guys find those beautiful Belmont sets, I still find Techs only... :crying:

I have found items on both ebay and Etsy. I found a virtually new but uncased Criterion / Belmont recently on Ebay and due to a bad listing title and photos that made it look like the finish had cancer due to flaking lacquer overcoat I got it for $36! A not as nice Criterion I found from a Etsy razor dealer for a reasonable price too. It has some gold worn off the top cap and shows medium use overall. Waiting delivery of a Big Boy Gold New Deluxe probably tomorrow too and we will not discuss what I paid for that one on ebay, with the wood Gillette case and blade bank. Razor looks new in the photos. I also have several of the 1920's Gillette high end razors like the Richwood and New Standard plus the short comb, long comb and Goodwill NEW razors as well as the through slot English long comb flat back.

Second cased Richwood arrived, this one silver. Case needs some work but the razor is VG after removing silver tarnish. I have a weakness for the Richwood as it shares my name, Rich Wood!

I shaved with one of my RFB NEWs (yes, I've got more than one...) for the last five days... outstanding and smooooth shaves...a Feather in, btw.

But today I gave my NEW De Luxe (Belmont set) another opportunity. And it means with another blade (the old story), as I had used it with Feather or PSI and found it a bit... harsh.

The new blade was an Astra green and obviously it changed the whole shave. The razor is "aggressive" but not harsh now. I'm glad... my Criterion and Big Boy De Luxe are waiting...:001_cool:
But still... I think a RFB is my favourite NEW... at least for now...:thumbup:

Juan Manuel, if I recall correctly, just a few months ago you did not have a deluxe for the grudge match. You surely have good friends, amigo. Very very nice looking belmont. Enjoy.

Second cased Richwood arrived, this one silver. Case needs some work but the razor is VG after removing silver tarnish. I have a weakness for the Richwood as it shares my name, Rich Wood!

Congrats on a fantastic score. :thumbup1:

I would love to see some pics of your Richwoods. They are beautiful razors!

Took my RFB out for a spin this morning. What a close, comfortable shave. My favorite vintage razor, it can easily run with my best modern stainless razors.

Top Bottom