What's new

What is the Best Shave soap you've ever tried.

Penhaligons English Fern (tallow). It is as good as the old vintage shaving soaps. Much better smelling than the older soaps IMO. (Though I have not tried the renowned Fougere Royale.)

Now that it has been reformulated and no longer, we will soon be calling it "vintage" as well.

It is expensive... but the best in my mind.

VDH Deluxe ..............:scared:.............. Huh!! ? I know that's going to be the major response, I'm not a cheap tightwad or anything but I like it and use it nearly exclusively as far as my soaps go. It is my favorite. Plus it mixes good.

I used a Urinal Cake today...blue actually..lathered very well surpisingly and i smelled very cloroxy/minty..................oh that was a dream i had...AOS sandlewood

Another vote for Arko..... Take away the girly smell from the others and they can't hold a candle to Arko

MWF, it took me a few tries to get a really thick creamy lather, but once I knew how... And I love the way my face feels after I use it. Scent wise I like it, it's faint, and a simple clean smell. MdC is second, pretty close to MWF, however it doesn't leave my skin nearly as nice, I do like the scent of MdC a lot.

Close call between:

MWF,
Fiori & Frutta,
Prairie Creations w/ Aloe and lanolin,
Mama Bear Oakmoss & Lavender,
QCS No. 3,
The Gentlemen's Quarter - Savon de Campagne, and
Calani Oriental Plum

I really cannot choose I'm afraid
:001_wub:

A bunch of excellent soaps out there. MdC is probably the best I've used but I can't stand the scent. I'll stick with the mundane, Harris and MWF. Recently I picked up some Mystic Waters shaving soap and I've been using it exclusively since it arrived which is unusual for me. Great soap, IMO.

Top Bottom