What's new

What is the Best Shave soap you've ever tried.

I have used.... Pen's EF (tallow), RL Safari (tallow), Tabac, Mama Bear's, D.R. Harris (stick), Williams, Col Conk (amber and bay rum), The Shave Den (English Fern Type), and AOS.

The best I have used and will continue to use is Tabac.

Those were the good old days. Yardley, Wrisleys, Paislays, Colgate, Williams, Old Spice.....They really took care of our fathers and grandfathers.

I agree. Its unfortunate that quality was sacrificed for convenience.

I'll shave with my vintage Yardley tomorrow to see how it compares.

Shulton Old Spice, partly based on the happy thought that there would have to be a lifetime supply of the dearly departed stuff to fulfill the conditions the OP described.

An answerr to the question, and then some comments on the question:

1. If it could have absolutely anything, then it would have to be old Noxzema Lather Shave Cream in a tube.
2. If I couldn't have that, then Omega, the closest thing to it I know of today.
3. If the other Omega fans exhausted the supply before they (you know, THEM) got to me, then it would be Haslinger Sandalwood.

None of these are the best soap I've ever used; they're sentimental favorites that would make me happy if any one of them were the only shave cream or soap I could use for the rest of my life.

The best shave soap or cream I've ever used I'm afraid may be Kent/MWF now that I've learned to lather it. It's cushiony and lubricating; it softens the skin; it has a pleasant innocuous scent; and I have no emotional attachment to it, and could go the rest of my life without it without feeling that I lost something dear to me.

Old Noxzema was the first cream I used when I was shaving with a DE and a brush oh-so-many years ago; Omega and Haslinger were the first cream and soap I used on returning to DE, and Omega's got a good menthol chill to it, just like old Noxzema to boot. I get a little blue thinking that there's no more Noxzema, and I'd hate to see Omega and Haslinger go away.

So for me, favorite does not equal best.

I wonder if anyone else feels that way.

Top Bottom