What's new

What do I age first?

Rapid aging is sort of a hot topic amongst home distillers. Typical is to heat in microwave, let it cool, then put in the freezer overnight. Repeat 3-7 times.

Good luck!
Mark

Rapid aging is sort of a hot topic amongst home distillers. Typical is to heat in microwave, let it cool, then put in the freezer overnight. Repeat 3-7 times.

Good luck!
Mark
I'd be too afraid of evaporation to heat anything in the microwave!

It's just a minute, minute and a half in the microwave. Not boiling. Air, and small amounts of evaporation are essential.
There's a term for it: "The angels share"

Booze in a wooden barrel looses between 2 and 5% of its volume per year to the angels. Also lose some of the high volatiles, which is a good thing.

Mark

It's just a minute, minute and a half in the microwave. Not boiling. Air, and small amounts of evaporation are essential.
There's a term for it: "The angels share"

Booze in a wooden barrel looses between 2 and 5% of its volume per year to the angels. Also lose some of the high volatiles, which is a good thing.

Mark

I'll be investigating this further. Additionally, I have more staves on the way to start another batch with a different base spirit. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
JW

Top Bottom