What's new

What Green Coffee did you Buy or Roast Today?

[MENTION=7246]StillShaving[/MENTION] the Daterra is really nice. Very unique for the Brazillian coffee. Their farm is pretty awesome. I'm pretty familiar with them as well.

Plugged in the HotTop to roast and the control panel displayed an error and would not fire up....

SO.....

I took a drive to a nearby local artisan roasting house...

Drooled over their Detrich IR-12 and purchased a pound of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe roasted to city

Then drove back home

Last edited by a moderator:
My last two pounds have been bought from a local artisan roaster.

They have a killer IR-12 Dietrich sitting in their shop. First roast I got from them was Ethiopian and yesterday I made the 30 mile drive down there and got some Costa Rica.

My hottop parts will be here tomorrow so that is the last of the coffee roasted by anyone other than me for a while..

They are a pretty good roasting house and both coffees were spot on but there is nothing like roasting your own green. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle again.

Back to back roasts of Brazilian and Sumatran in the newly upgraded Hottop.

proxy.php

I just finished reading this thread a little bit ago. I promptly got up from my computer, grabbed some green beans I had in the cupboard and trekked out to the garage. The beans are from 2015 and have been kept in the back corner of a cabinet in the kitchen. Roasted them in an old air popper that I bought almost 2 yrs ago for roasting. I roasted 94.3g of beans and ended up with 78.3g of final product. This is my first roast in 1.5 yrs. I've only roasted between 6-10 batches. The final product in the picture looks a bit darker than actual color. There is some color variation from C through C+.
$IMG_1131.jpg

Dropped 250 grams of Colombian that arrived today into the newly upgrade B-2K+ Hottop.

Already brewed a pot and I am enjoying it right now.

I've had an hbr101 gene cafe roaster for about 12 years or so, one of my favourites is Ehiopian djimma with about 10% Robusta added for body and crema..WOW!

1/2lb of a colombian stock lot, about 20 seconds past FC.

1/2lb of Daterra Sweet Yellow to `30 seconds past first crack

3 1lb batches of Daterra Full Bloom and Bruzzi Espresso - 2 of them from each to about 60 seconds after FC end, and 1 1lb of each to mid 2nd crack.

Lots of roasting today.

1/2lb of Burundi Businga Marurui. Almost all the way through the sampler from Sweet Maria's that I started with.

After that, I'll be switching to buying a series of 5# of beans from different areas and trying to experiment a bit more (i.e. 5# of south american, then african, then indonesian, etc)

Lately it's been Ethiopia Yukiro Cooperative from Sweet Maria's in my Hot Top to full city (beginning of first crack). This yields any incredibly bright citrusy coffee that both my wife and I enjoy black.

Hello there,
I roasted 200g of Congo Kivi Kalehe Cooperative, Colombian, and MOnkey Espresso Blend from Sweet Maria's on Sunday. Here's a pic of the final product and my very beginners set-up.
$Coffee.jpg$IMG_0322.jpg

Not in the same league but I have a Cafe Gene roaster, one of the early originals, about 12 years ago or so... I had a lot of problems initially with the heater elements burning out, after a lot of replacements under warranty it turned out to be the chaf screen getting blocked by debris. Once sorted I still use it, now with the latest exhaust system, which can pipe the smoke etc out of the window.

Top Bottom