What's new

What Green Coffee did you Buy or Roast Today?

Just sitting down to roast 3 pounds

The last of my Peruvian. Last of my Indian, and some Ugandan Sipi falls.

Roaster has been pre-heating for 30 minutes and is up to 300 degrees. Another 50 degrees and I get started

proxy.php

Just sitting down to roast 3 pounds

The last of my Peruvian. Last of my Indian, and some Ugandan Sipi falls.

Roaster has been pre-heating for 30 minutes and is up to 300 degrees. Another 50 degrees and I get started

proxy.php

[MENTION=47553]turtle[/MENTION] Count me as wildly jealous, that is quite the roasting rig. I just have a relatively early generation Behmor.
My latest roast was actually yesterday but close enough: 226 grams of Sulawesi Bone Bone Village to City+.

Last edited:
Yesterday I roasted 1# of Peruvian Succhai and 1# of Nicaraguan Seiva Negra

Drinking the Nic this morning..... wowzer what a bean

227 grams of Sumatra Buah Buahan (organic) to C+. I really like this coffee, old school rustic Sumatra with a few more quakers than I'm used to but tons of character.

Just got my first delivery from Green Coffee Buying Club: 5 pounds of Ethiopian Washed Yirgacheffe Aricha Grade 1. I'll be doing my first roast of this shortly!

Just got my first delivery from Green Coffee Buying Club: 5 pounds of Ethiopian Washed Yirgacheffe Aricha Grade 1. I'll be doing my first roast of this shortly!

Let us know on how you like the Green Coffee Buying Club. I bought from them for a couple years but eventually went back to Sweet Marias. No complaints about the beans or prices but limited selection and narrow ordering windows got old for me. YMMV

Let us know on how you like the Green Coffee Buying Club. I bought from them for a couple years but eventually went back to Sweet Marias. No complaints about the beans or prices but limited selection and narrow ordering windows got old for me. YMMV

I have only ordered once through them, but I agree on the limited selection and narrow ordering window so far. At this point, I expect them to be a regular in the rotation for me, but I will continue buying from Sweet Marias for variety.

When a comparable coffee is available through Green Coffee buying Club, it is cheaper (i.e. including shipping I saved $9 on the 5 pounds of Yirgacheffe vs what it would cost through Sweet Marias).

2 other small quantity green sellers are called Theta Ridge, in Indiana, and Sonofresco which is out west. They both have good variety from my experience

I mostly order from the Green Coffee Buying Club and find their quality good and selection good enough. Especially since it is hard to judge a green bean based on a short written description and rely more on region. Though after reading the post above I ordered some from Theta Ridge for the first time. Their website is minimal in terms of description, cupping notes, pictures, etc but ordering was easy and shipping quick.

A couple of 5 pound bags from Peter over at GCBC and Theta Ridge. I have not roasted either yet.
$GCBC-and-ThetaRidge-coffee.jpg

I mostly order from the Green Coffee Buying Club and find their quality good and selection good enough. Especially since it is hard to judge a green bean based on a short written description and rely more on region. Though after reading the post above I ordered some from Theta Ridge for the first time. Their website is minimal in terms of description, cupping notes, pictures, etc but ordering was easy and shipping quick.

A couple of 5 pound bags from Peter over at GCBC and Theta Ridge. I have not roasted either yet.
View attachment 703285

oo That's awesome! I know the people there, and they are very nice. Their website is less descriptive than others because they are a fairly small team of people. It also helps keep overall prices for the green down. They typically have good prices for the quantities they sell. The Daterra Brazil coffees are really unique for Brazil.

Thanks for pointing out Theta Ridge [MENTION=112441]woofdoggy[/MENTION]. My home coffee supply was getting low and I wanted some Central/South American to balance out the African beans I had just purchased from GCBC, so I gave them a try. I was intrigued by the Daterra, I found some information about that farm online but did not read through it any detail or purchase any at this time.

Top Bottom