What's new

What aftershaves do you dilute down witch hazel?

Ok, I know some people will say this is heresy, but for those who do, what aftershaves do you dilute down with witch hazel?

Last edited:
I've done that. It's less about diluting the alcohol sting and more about adding conditioners to my aftershave. I like Thayers toner with aloe vera. It also has glycerin in it. I added this to some Fine aftershave, which is pretty much alcohol and water.

I also dilute up. I add Everclear to Lucky Tiger, which has all kinds of good things for your skin, but needs some alcohol for my taste.

This morning I used a new aftershave that I wanted to make in unscented, so I can still smell some of my better soaps like Nuavia Blu. 1/3 Everclear + 2/3 Thayer with aloe + a pinch of menthol. Worked well.

I've done that. It's less about diluting the alcohol sting and more about adding conditioners to my aftershave. I like Thayers toner with aloe vera. It also has glycerin in it. I added this to some Fine aftershave, which is pretty much alcohol and water.
Did that affect the scent at all?

No impact on scent, maybe slightly milder. I use the Unscented with Aloe.

Attachments

• $Unscentedtoner-site.jpg
    $Unscentedtoner-site.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21
I choose not to do that, but it's a good idea for an AS you like, but just stings too much. My strongest is Co9T, which does have witch hazel in it.

Aqua Velva, but even at 3wh to 1 AV, it was still too strong. I like the AV scent, but I want aftershaves that are gone in an hour, which is why I prefer Captain's Choice, Ogallala and Kramperts. No matter how much you dilute AV, it lasts all day.

Clubman Special Reserve & original. SR b/c the scent is strong but also b/c it could use some WH. I dilute the original only b/c it could use some WH. I only use about 1oz of WH to dilute 5oz of AS.

Almost all of the PAA I have other than CAD for some reason. They're just way too strongly scented for me.

Nancy boy post shave cooling gel to get rid of the aloe tackiness.

Top Bottom