What's new

Well I'm skint

So a little under 2 months into DE shaving and the AD well and truly emerging. In those 2 months I've spent approx £60 on shaving gear (not including purchases the wife has gifted me with) and find myself searching for more and more products. As a form of restraint I made a promise to myself. Razors and blades are fine to buy online but the rest has to be purchased locally from a store. I chose this because the creams avaliable locally are between £1 and £8 and brushes between £4-£10. This left me missing out on some of the higher end stuff as the products available locally are pretty generic brands but at least I was limiting my purchases.

However today I walked into a local pharmacy I'd never set foot in before and OH MY!!! :001_tt1:
Two shelves filled with TOBS, Kent, and Bluebeards revenge products (a brand I've not heard of before and included a shavette) as well of a couple of other brands of soap pucks that I can't remember now.

I didn't actually make a purchase as I only had £2 in shrapnel in my pocket and no wallet. But I'm sat here thinking my promise was to shop local, not within a budget. And also thinking I'll be supporting a local, independent, bricks and mortar shop. Resistance is futile I guess. I know I'll be going back :001_07:

Skint ... normal condition in my world. Grin. Sounds like you are going to quite challenged in keeping money in your pocket.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Go back tomorrow with some money and have at it.
Why are you on the computer and not already back over there ???? :001_302:
Oh I'll be going back. Not sure I'll manage it this weekend because...
Ahh the oh so tricky acquisition disorder. If you can get past your significant other you should be OK.
I'm not sure I'll be able to sneak past her and she's already asked how much the Gillette Slim that arrived today was. But I feel I have no choice but to return. As a newb it's the first time I've seen anything other than the token tube of palmolive or Ingram hidden among cans of foam/gel in a store. In fact I couldn't see a cartridge or can in the shop at all and I feel it is my duty to support the shop in their venture.

Perhaps give the name and location of the store in the Shopping and Deals sub-forum, so that others in your area can also try the shop?

Perhaps give the name and location of the store in the Shopping and Deals sub-forum, so that others in your area can also try the shop?
I'd only been in the B/S/T forum of the marketplace. Now I know about the Shopping and Deals forum I will post the details in there once I've been back with a few more details of the products they are selling. Thanks

However today I walked into a local pharmacy I'd never set foot in before and OH MY!!! :001_tt1:
Two shelves filled with TOBS, Kent, and Bluebeards revenge products (a brand I've not heard of before and included a shavette) as well of a couple of other brands of soap pucks that I can't remember now.
:001_07:
Sounds idyllic; having a bricks and mortar store nearby. It will still be there tomorrow and you won't be brassic forever.:001_smile

"Skint"... I hear you, mate.
Having a wife who both understands and facilitates your habit can be a double-edged sword, though. My wifely unit sees a package come in from the Italian Barbers and the next day I find four or five empty, brand new shoe boxes lying around the house! It sounds like the punchline to a Henny Youngman bit, but it's true. Shoes are crack cocaine to my wife. Come to think of it, crack would be cheaper.
Finding a pharmacist's shop nearby that carries interesting materials, while noble in the whole 'think globally, act locally' scheme of things, I've found myself saving much more money when deleting online purchases from the cart when sober, second thought kicks in.

Top Bottom