What's new

Weird straight, or straight up weird.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Bought a Magic Razor this week. Uses half a D E blade. I've used Weck straights on others but not in a LONG time on my own mug. Suggestions welcomed!

I have one. I shave with a regular SR fairly often. I find the Magic very difficult to shave with compared to a SR. They are exceptionally light (I tend to prefer quarter to half hollow ground SRs), the tang seems way too long (I normally use the heel for a good bit of the shave), and they have no jimps. I also find it awkward to grab by the shoulder. I mainly use mine for lining up my sideburns or for a quick touch up if a SE/DE shave doesn't get to BBS.

If you plan on shaving with it, I recommend going very slow and watching your blade angle. All of the issues above make it an entirely different beast compared to a regular SR. I've managed a decent shave with mine, but it isn't a regular part of my rotation.

I only use a regular SR now but I've had good luck using Personna Blue blades in the magic razor I still have. They have those blades online or at Sa!$y's supply.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks guys! Sounds like I need to get that straight of my great grand father's shave ready!

Top Bottom