What's new

Weber Razor

this is all fine, but is there a "feel" differance, other than just looks, i like the dark look

Hopefully someone who owns both will weigh in,I've only used the DLC although I suspect the ARC coating probably isn't vastly different from the coating used on my iKon OSS.IMHO the difference in feel between ARC,DLC,Chrome,Nickle,Rhodium,Depression Era Gold Wash...etc,etc isn't perceptible enough through lather to care about.#1 in my eyes is durability.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
this is all fine, but is there a "feel" differance, other than just looks, i like the dark look

Hopefully someone who owns both will weigh in,I've only used the DLC although I suspect the ARC coating probably isn't vastly different from the coating used on my iKon OSS.IMHO the difference in feel between ARC,DLC,Chrome,Nickle,Rhodium,Depression Era Gold Wash...etc,etc isn't perceptible enough through lather to care about.#1 in my eyes is durability.

We have three Webers - a DLC with a Classic handle, an ARC with a Classic handle, and a DLC with a Bulldog handle. I do not notice any difference in the feel of the razors in use. They all feel smooth, intuitive, and efficient in use.

One thing of note is that the cap of the DLC Classic (which has seen months of regular use) has become noticeable more shiny than the recently acquired DLC Bulldog.

I bought a bulldog with a DLC head about two months ago and I love it. I get better shaves with the Weber than with my Merkur 23C. There were a couple of blades left over from an old assortment pack that I'd sidelined as too irritating (Bluebirds and Derbys) that gave good comfortable shaves in the Weber. I even like the two colors - it's unique.

Intrigued

it would be nice if there were NO coatings, just straight polished SS-- what is the classic handle- i dont see it on the site

The Classic handle is no longer offered by Weber.

Weber Bulldog & Classic DLCs
$Weber Bulldog & Classic DLCs.jpg

it would be nice if there were NO coatings, just straight polished SS-- what is the classic handle- i dont see it on the site

"Straight polished stainless steel" is a different type of animal and a good bit more expensive....The Weber and my iKon OSS razor head's cap and baseplate are manufactured from cast stainless steel not machined from a solid block.Cast Stainless Steel needs a protective coating.

Example:
iKon OSS (razor head:cast ss) vs. iKon S3S (machined and from a solid block of ss and polished)
Both great razors but the price difference reflects manufacturing process,the greater cost of producing the S3S

The use of a coated Cast Stainless Steel razor head is how Weber can be sold at $70.

Intrigued

Oh a sister, i like the bull dog better

I agree the Bull Dog handle looks better. It's shinier, with better tooling. It pairs very well with the black of the DLC head. The Classic is duller and its' proportions are too long and skinny. It just doesn't look quite right...... and yet.... in hand I like the Classic better. It just feels right. And it not just me, with my small hands. My husband, with his much larger man hands, continues to reach for the Classic handled DLC every time. I use the Classic ARC and the DLC Bull Dog hangs there looking pretty.

"Straight polished stainless steel" is a different type of animal and a good bit more expensive....The Weber and my iKon OSS razor head's cap and baseplate are manufactured from cast stainless steel not machined from a solid block.Cast Stainless Steel needs a protective coating.

Example:
iKon OSS (razor head:cast ss) vs. iKon S3S (machined and from a solid block of ss and polished)
Both great razors but the price difference reflects manufacturing process,the greater cost of producing the S3S

The use of a coated Cast Stainless Steel razor head is how Weber can be sold at $70.
i was wondering if it was stainless at all , it said 100% stainless, but it did look sandblasted ( cast look) makes sense now

I agree the Bull Dog handle looks better. It's shinier, with better tooling. It pairs very well with the black of the DLC head. The Classic is duller and its' proportions are too long and skinny. It just doesn't look quite right...... and yet.... in hand I like the Classic better. It just feels right. And it not just me, with my small hands. My husband, with his much larger man hands, continues to reach for the Classic handled DLC every time. I use the Classic ARC and the DLC Bull Dog hangs there looking pretty.
well sis if it keeps hangin, you might have to sell it to me

I have the DLC with the Bulldog. I know I'm odd, but I find it to be too heavy. I want to pick up the classic handle, and paint it black, like the link I posted shows. But I'm not in a huge hurry to get it. I still have razors I haven't used yet!:lol:

Top Bottom