What's new

Washing yourself

I just use Dial Gold bar soap.

I have no idea if it's actually true or not but I remember my biology or my chemistry teacher telling me back in like middle school that when she was in college, she did some kind of test on a few popular brands of soap to see which one actually cleaned the best in terms of removing dirt and bacteria and all that stuff, and according to her, dial did the best job. Now that's not THE reason why I went with it, but I can't say it didn't influence my decision whatsoever.

I have weird skin though. It either gets completely dried out, or it gets oily to the point where I'm considering giving Rockefeller a call. It all depends on what soap I'm using. Dial seems to give me the best happy medium.

I thought I did this in another thread. Anyway...
Face: I use Purpose because of oily face.
Body: In winter I use Aveeno with oatmeal, because of dry skin. Summer: I am searching for some thing new but I have tried and liked Dove for men, the oily skin one has a clay in it.
Groin and pits: I use Ivory

I like tallow based soap like Stirling. I also use a Salux cloth. They market the salux cloth to women but the thing is like shower sandpaper, especially when its new. You don't know what feeling clean is till you've used a salux cloth.

I make most of the soap the family uses. Everyone can pick their favorite scents (or no scent for my son) and have their own personal supply. I make regular bath soap and a very mild & moisturizing face soap for the ladies of the house. Its easy to make and gives me a project to occupy me on a weekend every other month or so.

Stirling, Mystic Water, Stone Cottage, Speick or Mitchell's if I'm buying something.

I found a local soap making shop called "Elora Soap Company". They make a wide range of bar soap for all kinds of skin conditions and they smell wonderful. They also offer a wide range of other products. My go-to is their Sandalwood bar soap. It makes my skin feel wonderful and I can still feel it's soothing effects well into the afternoon. I highly recommend. Check out their website.

I make the soap I wash with. Contains Tallow, stearic acid, coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, and colloidal oatmeal.

I've started using Stirling's bath soaps lately and like them. I have a few of Chiseled Face's as well that I'll be using next (Ghost Town Barber smells so amazing).

Shampoo bars for hair...Oil method for washing face (every 2 days: avocado, castor and some argan... Water and facecloth for the in-between days)

proxy.php

Her body wash but I use a tea tree antiseptic wash on my "outdoor plumbing". They usually also include some mint or menthol in the ingredients so it's refreshing too.

Brickell bodywash is awesome stuff! And I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy using it with a Dove for Men loofah (or as they call it "Active Clean Dual Sided Shower Tool" :001_rolle ). If I'm in a rush Bronner's peppermint bar soap.

Neutrogena Rainbath Shower & Bath Gels. Since a childhood of zest and dr. bronner's this stuff has been an outstanding performer without any residue or allergic reactions. Nearly 30+ years of Neutrogena products use here - not one complaint / correct that; 1, and its user error - don't use too much!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Face/body: Generic bar soap. Any brand, I'm not fussy.

Hair: No cosmetic products, they caused scalp problems. Now it's a plain water rinse, or water and tea tree oil, or chamomile tea. If hair gets really dirty, I use a raw egg as shampoo. Natural sebum levels, and no more scalp problems.

Face/body: Generic bar soap. Any brand, I'm not fussy.

Hair: No cosmetic products, they caused scalp problems. Now it's a plain water rinse, or water and tea tree oil, or chamomile tea. If hair gets really dirty, I use a raw egg as shampoo. Natural sebum levels, and no more scalp problems.

Do you have to change your pillowcase more? Curious.

Plain old anti-bacterial Dial soap for me. I could never warm up to body washes, and most other soaps leave me feeling slimy when I get out of the shower.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Do you have to change your pillowcase more? Curious.

Weekly change is fine. Going to bed with wet hair isn't a good idea though. The first couple of months were different, and pillowcases were changed a lot more often till the sebum levels settled down.

Weekly change is fine. Going to bed with wet hair isn't a good idea though. The first couple of months were different, and pillowcases were changed a lot more often till the sebum levels settled down.

Thanks. As my hair always is unhealthy, I've been debating trying the natural route.

Top Bottom