What's new

vintage Greek Palmolive menthol

I was saving this tube for a special day , and today it hit me..This Palmolive I believe to be from the 1980's . All metal tube with solid plastic cap...After all these years the scent is still very potent, although it's a perfume type and not the "green Palmolive" scent we have all known for decades. Amazing how fast a rich , thick lather built up, just like the tube was freshly made. Gave a fantastic shave, everything you could want in a cream , another lost item I wish I had a whole case of !!
DSCN1284.JPG
DSCN1279.JPG
DSCN1278.JPG

Glad you're enjoying it. I do find it a bit disconcerting that something from the 80s is considered vintage though. It means I must be getting older. I was in high school in the mid-80s. Grin.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've seen a few pics of it but as far as I know it's completely extinct.

Personally I like Kaloderma and Nivea Mild Original shaving creams from both Greece and Cyprus, which are still available today. I used the Nivea today for my shave.

Kaloderma is originally a German cream and there were two versions of it. One was a glycerine-based cream which is no longer around and the other one with chamomile was being sold in Canada to replace the Florena, which is also a chamomile-based cream.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Thank you RT Smoothie for the post.

Any other chamomile based soaps/creams that you know of?

Cheers, Steve

Socrates bath bar soap is also made in both Cyprus and Greece, although they may now be discontinued , nobody seems to have stock...Great lather, great scents...
I've seen a few pics of it but as far as I know it's completely extinct.

Personally I like Kaloderma and Nivea Mild Original shaving creams from both Greece and Cyprus, which are still available today. I used the Nivea today for my shave.

Oh my friend Ron that was a very awesome post!
Now i have to use this cream again!
These days i tend to use creams more than soaps.
I might use this cream.
I also have to agree that it's scent is perfumey.I suspect there is a palmolive scented base that got faint over the years.
Anyway this is a very good cream that can compete with the modern creams easily!

Thank you RT Smoothie for the post.

Any other chamomile based soaps/creams that you know of?

Cheers, Steve

Yes. Gada Original and Cool Mint are also made with chamomile. They're also both very soothing in addition to their nice scents and excellent lather. The Cool Mint really wakes you up!

Top Bottom