What's new

Vintage blade collectors club

Father in law sent me this box of razor blades from the Waltham Blade Co. Twenty NOS packages with 5 blades each.

$20160106_193137 (768x1024).jpg

I guess so, I just noticed that yours are made in Newark New Jersey, while mine were made in New York NY. Maybe that's why the different packaging?

Hello folks, today an anonymous donor sent me some blades that are a bit unique. Or at least they are not real common. They are a proprietary blade for Segal Unitary Razors. It looks like I'll have to find a Segal razor now! But of course, some of these blades will find a new home with existing owners of Segal Unitary Razors. Here's a photo of this batch of blades from that wonderful donor from California. (You know who you are).

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452279843.659323.jpg

God Bless, and have a great day!

I just wanted to thank [MENTION=63839]Morman Bridge[/MENTION] for mailing several sealed tucks of Segal blades. Very generous.

Repost from blades forum. Nobody ever noticed there.

Rapid Blades. Anyone ever see these before? Got them as part of a package deal.

The Trademark office says that the Colton Razor Blade Company of Boston registered the Rapid brand in 1936 and that last owner Colgate-Palmolive renewed it for the second time in 1976.

Packaging says "Distributed by International Circulation Co. New York" which was the distribution arm of William Randolph Hearst's publishing empire.

View attachment 621611View attachment 621612View attachment 621613View attachment 621614$IMG_1694[1].jpg$IMG_1693[1].jpg$IMG_1692[1].jpg$IMG_1691[1].jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I don't know if I qualify to join this club. I have a couple hundred vintage blades, stainless and carbon. But mine are all for use, not collecting. I only pickup usable ones.

Wow. I don't know if I qualify to join this club. I have a couple hundred vintage blades, stainless and carbon. But mine are all for use, not collecting. I only pickup usable ones.

It's not a real club. It's sharing pictures of vintage blades.

Wow.

-jim

[MENTION=26615]gearchow[/MENTION] , that is a fantastic idea. I just looked them up on Amazon, and they are reasonably priced too. I'm going to get some later in the month. Thanks for that idea!

R

romsitsa

Hello,

got a pack of ten old Gillette blades. Most of them are from around 1920, but there are three wraps I couldn't ID.
Serial numbers are 313 (blade for French market), 441, 2512. The wraps are the same so some/all blades are mixed up as they were produced in different time frames.
Anyhow, could someone give a bit of info about those wraps listing the Gillette patent dates? When were those produced what blade did these contain?

$IMG_0830.jpg$IMG_0831.jpg

Thanks,

Adam

R

romsitsa

Hello Jim, did it, also contacted Achim and browsed other sites too, but no luck. Couldn't find any other wraps with patent dates on them.

Adam

R

romsitsa

Hello,

a tricky question, can we make a guess how long the three hole Gillette blades were available on the market? Some of my blades with four digit codes (produced till end of the 20ies) have hand written dates on the wraps ranging from 1938 to 1944.

Adam

Top Bottom