What's new

Vintage Avon find

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Here's my Barbershop Brush. It once had Wild country in it.

proxy.php

'
Okay, wearing Leather again the other day...I get where you detect a minty scent in it. I wouldn't go as far as calling it minty, but there is something there that might lightly and loosely resemble a minty scent.
yes, definitely not a mint based scent but there's something inside the chord that has a mintiness.

Found a gem of a place to look for some occasional shaving gear. Found some Avon Island Lime! I was very excited. man I can find Wild Country all day long and to a lesser extent Tai Winds, but anything else is hard to find. This one came in well under the typical price around these parts. The I did see a vendor at the same place who had full Avon bottles (not in boxes) for twice the going rate. To be fair...his prices on everything were way too much.

Avon Island Lime.jpg

Found a gem of a place to look for some occasional shaving gear. Found some Avon Island Lime! I was very excited. man I can find Wild Country all day long and to a lesser extent Tai Winds, but anything else is hard to find. This one came in well under the typical price around these parts. The I did see a vendor at the same place who had full Avon bottles (not in boxes) for twice the going rate. To be fair...his prices on everything were way too much.

View attachment 759474

Awesome score Don.

View attachment 759474
Nice score. Island Lime is particularly hard to find in my area.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just grabbed a bottle of this, not sure what it smells like but like the bottle

View attachment 760604
Great find. I have a "jug" of this from my birth year of 1962 which is the best bay rum ever in my opinion. What you have is a reintroduction from the 80's, I believe. If it's half as good as the original, you'll be happy. That is if you like bay rum!

Great Score! Bay Rum is one that I don't have yet. I found a jug once, but it was empty and more than I wanted to spend on an empty bottle. The remaining scent in the bottle did smell nice though.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Troy! I didn't know you were a Steward! That's one nice thing about this upgrade: I've noticed new things easier! Now that I know that you're a Steward I suppose I will have to bow before entering?

Troy! I didn't know you were a Steward! That's one nice thing about this upgrade: I've noticed new things easier! Now that I know that you're a Steward I suppose I will have to bow before entering?
No need to bow, still just one of the guys. I've only been a Stew for a couple weeks now, and still learning the ropes. A few of the Mods retired, and old Stews became mods. So there are a few of us who are now Stews.

Yes, that is indeed a 1980's bay rum. To my nose, it is on the sweeter side of bay rums. With notes of vanilla.
It's definitely coming out for Valentines day

Picked these up today at the local flea market here in Albuquerque. They're all full, and were only $1 each!! The Pot Belly Stove and the Plane have Excalibur, the Viking Discoverer has Wild Country (and the sail is tin, not plastic!), the Stagecoach has Oland, and the Snowmobile and the Seltzer Bottle have Windjammer. Although I've seen some of these bottles before, the Viking ship and Seltzer Bottle were both complete surprises.

I've also taken to picking up vintage handkerchiefs when I find them, especially if they're monogrammed. I use them when my wife and I go out to eat to set my vintage fedoras on. The Victorinox Swiss Army knife is the 5th SAK I've picked up since I bought my first one (since I was a kid, anyway) last October on a weekend trip to the Sevierville area in Tennessee.

Attachments

• IMG_1827.JPG
    IMG_1827.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Picked these up today at the local flea market here in Albuquerque. They're all full, and were only $1 each!! The Pot Belly Stove and the Plane have Excalibur, the Viking Discoverer has Wild Country (and the sail is tin, not plastic!), the Stagecoach has Oland, and the Snowmobile and the Seltzer Bottle have Windjammer. Although I've seen some of these bottles before, the Viking ship and Seltzer Bottle were both complete surprises.

I've also taken to picking up vintage handkerchiefs when I find them, especially if they're monogrammed. I use them when my wife and I go out to eat to set my vintage fedoras on. The Victorinox Swiss Army knife is the 5th SAK I've picked up since I bought my first one (since I was a kid, anyway) last October on a weekend trip to the Sevierville area in Tennessee.

Very nice finds. Excalibur, Oland, and Windjammer are all not so easy to find. The Wild Country seems to pop up everywhere...and I can't stand that stuff.

While emptying my granddad's basement I found several full bottles of vintage Avon after shave. My late grandma was a sales representative for Avon during the seventies. Besides the after shave we found boxes full of Avon stuff (soaps, EdC, EdT, bath oils, ...).
I also found a tube of Masterplan shave cream. I'm curious what you guys make of this. Are these European products any different than the American stuff? I for one haven't seen some of them around here (e.g. the Masterplan shave cream).
Let me hear what you guys think!IMG_20170216_184834.jpg IMG_20170216_185122.jpg IMG_20170216_185213.jpg IMG_20170216_185250.jpg IMG_20170216_185324.jpg IMG_20170216_185509.jpg IMG_20170216_185611.jpg IMG_20170216_185709.jpg IMG_20170216_185843.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170216_190024.jpg
    IMG_20170216_190024.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Top Bottom