What's new

Tsushima Ocean Blue hone

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I'm sorry it was Amazon and they don't actually say Tsushima. I learned of it from another razor forum and from a YouTube video. There is a larger stone available at Amazon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AOMD7C6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They do say it in the description but they use 'near' to disclaim it. That's professional marketing.

• Quarried from a now closed underwater mine near South Tsushima Island, Japan; golden stamp of authenticity; very limited stock

I used this a little more now (5 razors or so). I like it better than the Cnat I think but I like both. At the moment I'm actually using both with this one (I'll call it Jblue) coming after the Cnat and then I'm currently using ferox on a pasted paddle and then a plain hanging leather strop.

The shaves are sharp and smooth so no complaints there. My facial hair grows slowly so for testing I like to wait for two days growth. Therefore it takes a while to test each hone out individually and I don't have the patience for that most days. :)

I do like the feedback from the Jblue a little better than with the Cnat.

If anyone else buys this hone please post your results. I'd love to read other's experiences with this stone.

I just got two (the two finer ones) of AJ's Welsh hones and have only used them a few times but I find that I prefer this Ocean Blue stone. Of the two Welsh stones the finer one I consider a finisher but it's a little rough feeling both with the shave and with the feedback as far as honing.

The middle stone (the purple one) is not a lot different (a little rough as well) but just not quite as good.

I still like the Chinese natural but prefer the honing feedback of the Ocean Blue and overal the OB is just the better stone IMO.

I don't need pastes with it (or any stone really) but I'm now going to keep two razors to shave with for a while with one OB with paste and one OB without paste.

I am in the process of getting one of these. There are 3 sizes to choose from with the XXL(H) having in the detail that it is extra hard, while the XXL and the XXL(H) are both the same size. The first two were described to be more of a medium hardness. This may be where some are having mixed opinions. Has anyone purchased the XXL(H) ?

Tsushima is one of MANY mid-range stones that are available. It isn't particularly fast or fine. It works. Having said that I have a 4 lb brick that i havent used in years. There's nothing about it that's special imo. But it works.

Top Bottom