What's new

TRX vs. Rings?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I am looking to add some suspension training to my programming but the TRX system seams expensive for what it is. Does anyone use this, and is there any great benefit over a simple set of rings?

I purchased the TRX and quickly sold it. I have enough equipment at home and couldn't see the value or justify keeping it. I did a lot of research before purchasing. I found it to be a gimmick. YMMV.

Couldn't disagree more on the TRX being a "gimmick". Body weight/suspension training is very simple and like any form of training requires it be used properly. Is it over-priced? I think so. I also don't rely on it for my only equipment. Free weights, balance board, kettle bells, etc go with it. It's another tool. More mixing things up tends to be good. Both from stimulating your physique as well as battling the monotony of a a workout.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I have rings, and have tried out the TRX at the gym. It's basically the same but the TRX is made to change between exercises more easily. If all you were going to do is suspension exercises, then the TRX might be worth it. If suspension is only a facet of your work out then it's not as worth it.

Top Bottom