What's new

Trumpers Violet

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The two shaves I had with Trumpers Violet were with two samples from an old stock.
This is surely the main reason that gave me so bad shaves.
This morning I opened a new bowl of this cream, added more water to the mix and had a superb shave!!!
I have completely changed my mind about Trumpers Violet.
The new cream looks more brilliant, has an even better smell, is very slick and works really well.
Now Trumpers Violet is in my rotation.
As said for Trumpers Rose, this is a solid English cream.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that the Violet hasn't worked for you. If it's drying out, it may just need some more water when you're lathering up.

I enjoy this cream also, it's my number 2 go-to.

Maybe if not adding more water to the lather, just leave some more splashed on your face before applying it?

Hmmm. I'm halfway through a tub of rose and the violet is sitting on the shelf. I love the rose. I may have to break out the violet and see if I have the same issues.

It's one of my favorites, but not a daily pick. It's an English cream so it requires more water when mixing. I have always gotten good shaves from it. Keep on experimenting!

I received a sample of the violet with a recent order and just used it this morning. I guess my findings are quite different from the op's. I thought it was very slick and I got a very good shave with it. The scent is floral but subtle. I liked it a lot even though it's hard to form much of an opinion after only one shave.

The scent is sublime with this cream, but I find it rather lacking a good slick.

For a luxurious morning, I add a bit of Trumper's Violet to my shave bowl, and mix it with a fully loaded brush of MWF. Now THAT is a superlather right there. Very nice.

I love this cream as well and consider it a top notch performer. It was expensive, but a nice treat since the scent is superb.

I'm a cream guy but one of two soaps that I own is the Trumper's Violet, and I have to admit that the soap gives me a much better shave than the Trumper's creams (both the Violet and Sandalwood creams)

I absolutely love this cream, the smell is incredible, great lather!! Does anyone know how it compares to the soap version?

Ditto. I'm particularly interested in how the Violet soap and cream compare scent-wise.

Dave
After using the cream for some time, it is one of my favorites. I had big expectations for the soap but after using both, I would say that unfortunately the scent of the soap is not the same as the cream - the scent of the soap is not bad and it is plenty slick, but it lacks the vibrant freshness and intensity of the cream.

I found the scent of the soap and the cream to be very similar. There is always a small margin of difference (I find Trumper's soaps tend to have a stronger scent than their creams), but the performance of the soap is also excellent. Big thumbs up for both!

Top Bottom